Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65375
Latest: Eddieimima
New This Month: 896
New This Week: 348
New Today: 71
Stats
Total Posts: 79652
Total Topics: 23871
Most Online Today: 1864
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1291
Total: 1307

Author Topic: Chat Box  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Konohuro

Chat Box
« on: July 14, 2015, 13:43:33 »
This is addressed to @Vreg
I think anyone would like this, and for those that won't like it, it won't affect them so they may not comment.
Can you make so the chatbox can be seen even after you enter a certain thread? I've seen this on other forums and I think it would be useful here too.

Offline chX

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • chX has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu Clan

Re: Chat Box
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 14:13:13 »
My solution is to click the "open popup" button and move it to my second screen. But I guess you need more than one screen for that to work. Or you could play around with multiple windows on one screen.
  • Character Name: chX

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 14:23:44 »
My solution is to click the "open popup" button and move it to my second screen. But I guess you need more than one screen for that to work. Or you could play around with multiple windows on one screen.

Atm I am using two tabs, one with the forum main page and the other one surfing the forum, but it's uncomfortable. So if Vreg would be kind enough to spoil a bit his dear community members, I would appreciate it :)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 15:31:04 »

Atm I am using two tabs, one with the forum main page and the other one surfing the forum, but it's uncomfortable. So if Vreg would be kind enough to spoil a bit his dear community members, I would appreciate it :)

That's only if it's easy to develop, I'd much rather DM came first, as it may not be as easy as you think to implement!
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:43:29 »
It would actually take little to no effort to do this, the problem however is that the chatbox doesn't work well when it's opened multiple times.

So say if you had multiple topics opened at the same time, which is something I have a lot, then the chatbox would lose its functionality spread out over those topics.

Conclusion: it's better to have it only on the main page which we can open as a separate tab and get a normally functioning chatbox.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 16:40:22 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:38:09 »
It would actually take little to no effort to do this, the problem however is that the chatbox doesn't work well when it's opened multiple times. So say if you had multiple topics opened at the same time, which is something I have a lot, then the chatbox would lose it's functionality spread out over those topics. So it's better to have it only on the main page which we can open as a separate tab and get a normally functioning chatbox.

Understood.