Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 76983
Total Topics: 22498
Most Online Today: 1065
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1047
Total: 1061
Marinaucf
Google (AdSense) (4)
Google (9)

Author Topic: Making plans  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Konohuro

Making plans
« on: January 25, 2015, 17:54:58 »
If in this game the strategy will really play an important role to the success of an attack/assault, I would like to see in game an option through which you can kind of... create a room where you can share the plan of attack. I will explain everything below and I hope I will make myself clear, if not, let me know, I will try to reformulate.

I think everyone played at least one mmorpg where a player can make his own stand and sell stuff. I see this system being almost the same: a person is creating the "room" (visually he isn't doing anything special maybe e only sits on the ground and he becomes clickable), when that person is creating his room a black window pops up; other players can click that character and they join the "room" (thus they will sit on the ground around the host), the blank window that appeared to the host, appears to the guest too, the same one. After this process is done, the host can draw everything he wants on that blank window, and everything that he is drawing will appear to the guest/guests as well. While typing on the chat what every symbol represents, the host can show how the movement will go. Of course there can be added visual effects like: if you are in desert the blank window will be yellow and when you are drawing, your lines will be dark-yellow, if you are in an area with snow the blank window will be white and your drawings will be grey and so on depending on the surface, suggesting that you are making drawings on the ground with a stick or with your finger, whatever you want to imagine.

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Re: Making plans
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 18:47:49 »
This would be difficult to add, and near pointless to add in my opinion. Chat should be the only way to communicate. Making plans cannot be that difficult that it would require you to draw it out.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 18:50:33 »
If in this game the strategy will really play an important role to the success of an attack/assault, I would like to see in game an option through which you can kind of... create a room where you can share the plan of attack. I will explain everything below and I hope I will make myself clear, if not, let me know, I will try to reformulate.

I think everyone played at least one mmorpg where a player can make his own stand and sell stuff. I see this system being almost the same: a person is creating the "room" (visually he isn't doing anything special maybe e only sits on the ground and he becomes clickable), when that person is creating his room a black window pops up; other players can click that character and they join the "room" (thus they will sit on the ground around the host), the blank window that appeared to the host, appears to the guest too, the same one. After this process is done, the host can draw everything he wants on that blank window, and everything that he is drawing will appear to the guest/guests as well. While typing on the chat what every symbol represents, the host can show how the movement will go. Of course there can be added visual effects like: if you are in desert the blank window will be yellow and when you are drawing, your lines will be dark-yellow, if you are in an area with snow the blank window will be white and your drawings will be grey and so on depending on the surface, suggesting that you are making drawings on the ground with a stick or with your finger, whatever you want to imagine.

Yeah, i know what you mean, not a bad idea. When i read your first paragraph, i actually thought of a room with (idk) leaders, kages or whatever, all in the same room talking about plans and shit. I thought of an item which can be edited with some kind of program (paint) and after editing you can place the draw on a board like in front of the room. As to me what i said sounds more complex i think yours is better. thumb up.

This would be difficult to add, and near pointless to add in my opinion. Chat should be the only way to communicate. Making plans cannot be that difficult that it would require you to draw it out.

I see this as a football board with the plan draw on it.... and it sounds great to me, that's what strategy is about. In chat, it'd be hard to explain what can be easily draw.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 20:55:29 by rayzote »
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 18:53:01 »
Surely you can just explain it in chat?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 21:27:57 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 20:28:25 »
The kage thing @rayzote said is a good idea
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 22:30:37 »
Reading most of this gave me a headache...
Im not kidding for once.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 00:14:19 »
Nope. Sorry but this sounds like that 2d game with the stalls and shit. Chat can be used to plan stuff out or even Skype
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 05:06:04 »
Or people can send/hand letters/scrolls to each other to share Intel and GMs can't see what's in these scrolls/letters, and sorry for posting this here :3. Oh and there should be some system that you can't write insulting things or prohibited things on these scrolls/letters
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 05:26:54 »
Or people can send/hand letters/scrolls to each other to share Intel and GMs can't see what's in these scrolls/letters, and sorry for posting this here :3. Oh and there should be some system that you can't write insulting things or prohibited things on these scrolls/letters

For what reason would the GM's not be allowed to see what is inside?
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 05:35:22 »
I am not blaming anyone but if a gm does see what's inside then the Intel can leak out and even if he will be punished there will still be an Intel leak oh and you have to buy blank scrolls / paper and envelopes.

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 05:43:45 »

For what reason would the GM's not be allowed to see what is inside?

Are you talking about an item? because an item is not something is logged and stored, then such text would only be visible to those carrying the item. I'm thinking of something like a NotePad.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 05:47:28 »
I was talking about text Intel and for items Intel we can send summoning scrolls if summoning items will be implemented

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 05:51:57 »
I am not blaming anyone but if a gm does see what's inside then the Intel can leak out and even if he will be punished there will still be an Intel leak oh and you have to buy blank scrolls / paper and envelopes.

You don't need to be a GM to leak Intel. :P Any rogue ninja, or traitor can do just the same. IE you send me a scroll, I abandon the village and take the information with me and share it with everyone. Preventing a GM from seeing the contents wouldn't impact the frequency of Intel leaks imo.
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 06:05:12 »
Bro even rouge ninjas have Intel and well if you are sending Intel to a friend and he betrays you then he isn't much of a friend BUT I agree with your point

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 14:11:07 »
Why does this keep coming up xD
Scrolls for intel in any way is pointless. If you got some top secret goverment plans that you really don't want GMs or others to see then send it by a 3rd party chatbox like Skype or Teamspeak. Scrolls for intel are not needed. Scrolls in general aren't really needed. (Unless it's for jutsu like Tenten or for summoning, if summoning is developed)
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai