Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64453
Latest: Larryelirm
New This Month: 322
New This Week: 83
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 76541
Total Topics: 22109
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 902
Total: 918

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 531936 times)

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #960 on: July 22, 2016, 23:24:48 »
inb4 SLO now has murderers
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
« Reply #961 on: July 22, 2016, 23:38:51 »
We'll be fine if we stay out of the perma-death zones

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #962 on: July 23, 2016, 03:59:15 »
@America We are just a bunch of members who really trust each other and we "signed a treaty" (by choosing to join the organization) to always help one another and to never leave this... brotherhood.

What happens when Shivraj asks the Yurei to help get rid of the Roguhunta that have been pursuing him for awhile?

So basically, what you've done is sign a non-aggression treaty with all the leading members of the Yurei-affiliated organizations and not tell anyone about it until now?

That is my main irk with your organization(or alliance, whatever it is.)

@America I don't see why other members would look up to this organization, or why they would aspire to become part of it or why they would care about it.

People tend to gravitate towards where power is located; in this case, an organization with the leaders of the most popular organizations in it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:03:34 by America »
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #963 on: July 23, 2016, 08:30:35 »
@America We are just a bunch of members who really trust each other and we "signed a treaty" (by choosing to join the organization) to always help one another and to never leave this... brotherhood.

What happens when Shivraj asks the Yurei to help get rid of the Roguhunta that have been pursuing him for awhile?

One does not simply take the decision to be helped by others. "Things will be decided after the 10 have voted on it."
There is no treaty between Kata and Rogu or any other organizations, blood will be shed between the two. Yurei just forbids Remi to kill Ken, Shivraj or any other member within Yurei, or vice-versa. "whatever people do in their spare time (most of the time) is all up to them."

So basically, what you've done is sign a non-aggression treaty with all the leading members of the Yurei-affiliated organizations and not tell anyone about it until now?

Eh, how many times will we have to repeat it until people will understand it. I think we said enough times that within this organization, it is all about trust.
Now, what do people understand by trust? Because what I understand, is that you can be sure that someone will mean no harm to you, nor will he do something against your will. How haven't we said that it's a non-aggresive treaty between ourselves, when we said that we trust everybody in Yurei as we trust ourselves? Doesn't this mean, we won't stab each other in the back?

@America I don't see why other members would look up to this organization, or why they would aspire to become part of it or why they would care about it.

People tend to gravitate towards where power is located; in this case, an organization with the leaders of the most popular organizations in it.

This is really not our problem. It's not our fault that we were the first on forum so we were the first to create organization that the followers chose to join.
Basically, you are accusing us for creating the organizations of our dreams (Kata, Rogu etc.), that were pleasant to other members... Popularity was not something that we chose, and it's not like we could have avoided it.

And to make it clear, our organizations have nothing to do with what we decided to do between the Yurei. I lead Onmitsukido, whose members are unknown. It would be nothing that could stop me from ordering to one of my men to kill Nova. And it's not even against the rules. But then again, it all summarizes to trust.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #964 on: July 23, 2016, 12:27:31 »
You're better off looking at Yürei as some sort of crew, rather than comparing it to other organisations.
It's just a bunch of Shinobi banded together under one name that are able to trust each other doesn't matter what affiliation.
There's no "treaty" between Roguhanta or Katakiuchi or any other organisation in any way, Kata members can still hunt roguhanta members and vice versa, the only restriction is Yürei members can't kill other Yürei members.

And as Konohuro had said, he can't kill me however he could order someone else to kill me which would be a shame but it's allowed.
It all comes down to trust, in the end I could be mistaken to have trusted someone, but you can't know that for sure.

Offline waly206

« Reply #965 on: July 23, 2016, 18:50:59 »
Ooh, I like the first idea, though making sure both their missions actually have relevance to an overarching story would require a lot of planning ahead of time.

He also sucked at being a GM because the missions were boring as hell. BUt I see your point. It all depends how seriously  these guys take the game or not.

And the only reason I played a retarded anthromorphic frog the last time because you, Elliot and GM's first wife were being retarded the first time campaign and I was the only one actually trying to roleplay. Then Elliot got mad because he couldn't see why I my purely good paladin was duty bound to kill his civilian-massacring character of pure evil .

You don't have to get angry, those people don't exist anymore.

Haha, you make it sound like we murdered them and buried their bodies somewhere XD
And I do always sound angry on the internet apparently. Sorry, Drew...

Yeah when I saw that I was like

Careful. She never said we DIDN'T do just that. XD

You referenced Community.  You may live :P XD
Don't worry, we don't actually murder the roleplaying groups that displease us XD

Well SHE just doesn't like to get her hands dirty.

Haha, no we don't kill. We just play rough. Now there HAS been the occasional civilian casualty, but let's skip the small details

XD
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 23, 2016, 18:53:37 »

One does not simply take the decision to be helped by others. "Things will be decided after the 10 have voted on it."
There is no treaty between Kata and Rogu or any other organizations, blood will be shed between the two. Yurei just forbids Remi to kill Ken, Shivraj or any other member within Yurei, or vice-versa. "whatever people do in their spare time (most of the time) is all up to them."

What I am trying to say here is that members of Roguhunta won't be happy when you refuse to attack the leaders of Katakiuchi because you are buddy-buddy with them. The goal is to capture rogues, and you aren't taking it very seriously.

Eh, how many times will we have to repeat it until people will understand it. I think we said enough times that within this organization, it is all about trust.

It doesn't seem like trust when you wait to vote instead of just helping them out.

I will concede the point that this is more of a friendship circle than an organization, and it doesn't follow the basics of the "top ten elite super shinobi god" thing.

However, it does come across as a "sit on Mount Olympus drinking nectar while laughing at the zoo of plebs down below"

Offline Ken

• Hidden Snow Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Ken has no influence.
  • HA!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:

« Reply #967 on: July 23, 2016, 19:39:43 »

What I am trying to say here is that members of Roguhunta won't be happy when you refuse to attack the leaders of Katakiuchi because you are buddy-buddy with them. The goal is to capture rogues, and you aren't taking it very seriously.

It doesn't seem like trust when you wait to vote instead of just helping them out.

I will concede the point that this is more of a friendship circle than an organization, and it doesn't follow the basics of the "top ten elite super shinobi god" thing.

However, it does come across as a "sit on Mount Olympus drinking nectar while laughing at the zoo of plebs down below"

Naaaaah.

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 23, 2016, 19:53:42 »
Naaaaah.

I can't + enough rep for this xD
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #969 on: July 23, 2016, 20:13:59 »
Damn it Ken, the holiday picture was supposed to be private. /s
Honestly though, it did crack a smile xD

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 23, 2016, 20:23:42 »
Naaaaah.

I FUCKIN KNEW IT, this is literal photo proof! How can corruption like this go on? #EndTheYurei-archy

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #971 on: July 23, 2016, 23:24:23 »
i have never laughed so hard
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #972 on: July 24, 2016, 13:21:33 »
I will not continue this discussion anymore because it leads to nowhere. But I will say this one more thing so other people won't remain in confusion by your words.

Agreeing and trusting are two completely different things. And I think you know that but you just threw up that sentence from above, thinking that I couldn't combat it, probably?
Trust is showing or tending to have a belief in a person's honesty or sincerity; not suspicious. Trust is related to thoughts, you know that his thoughts won't betray you.
But agreeing to a conclusion through voting, is related to actions.

If one of Yureis will come and tell me that a certain person will not betray me, I believe him, because I trust that Yurei.
If one of Yureis will come and suggest someone to become a Yurei because he trusts that person, then I will have to see if my opinion about that person is the same as the Yurei member's, if not I will vote against his suggestion.

There are situations when it resumes to trust, and situations where a vote is required. I can't trust a stranger only because a person in whom I trust, trusts that person. According to such a mentality, it would create a chain which would mean that I trust 99% of the population of the world, which is not true.
If one of Yurei requires the others to help him to destroy the world, there is nothing related to trust, we will have a to agree through a vote, if this is what Yurei shall do.

PS: It's also funny how fast we escalated from the statute of no ones that will accomplish nothing to the statute of Gods.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #973 on: July 24, 2016, 14:25:53 »
Yurei is basically a bunch of people who are naturally enemies, but are such good friends that they trust each other not to betray, true, perhaps the members of Kata won't be happy that I'm not killing Remi or Mars or Nova if I have the chance, but that doesn't mean I won't incapacitate one of those three if they get in my way. @America PM me your doubts.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #974 on: July 24, 2016, 15:22:54 »
Yurei is basically a bunch of people who are naturally enemies, but are such good friends that they trust each other not to betray, true, perhaps the members of Kata won't be happy that I'm not killing Remi or Mars or Nova if I have the chance, but that doesn't mean I won't incapacitate one of those three if they get in my way. @America PM me your doubts.

yup....legs=gone.....arms=gone
life= not gone
friendship= not gone
xD
  • Character Name: Isei

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster