Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64454
Latest: migSlope
New This Month: 323
New This Week: 84
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 76573
Total Topics: 22119
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1011
Total: 1020
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Different Animations  (Read 6528 times)

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
Different Animations
« on: May 07, 2015, 16:31:11 »
If there is one running animation, one jumping animation, one dodging animation etc. Everyone will be looking the same, moving wise. So i have thought of this... When DM and the full game comes out, during character creation, there should be a selection of animations, ie the way you land from jumping etc. Here is an example:

SKIP TO 5:13
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 16:33:24 by StrawHatSeyi »

• Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Different Animations
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 17:08:08 »
This is cool, but I feel you should have to buy different runs with real life money.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 17:12:04 »
@Mars yeah, there should be some premium animations, but some that are default that you can choose from

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 13:27:39 »
I was thinking about this problem too. What passed through my mind was, to add at character creation, a personality test. Where you complete it from your char's point of view. Depending on your personality result, you will have a set of animations. However this test will give a vast answer like for e.g.: Serious, Cocky or Dynamic. While for those who pay and have the premium account or whatever, they have a more accurate test which gives a more specifically answer accompanied by an original set of animations.

But maybe is better to have the opportunity to choose yourself the exact type of animation that you like.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 14:49:53 »
@Konohuro I agree

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 16:03:51 »
I see that you concern yourselves regarding individuality and uniqueness as much as I do. However, in a realistic setup, students are taught the same standard techniques, hence Newbies might have the same style. At high level modifications are to be expected. This way your fighting styles become  more distinct. Also, less hassle to the developers. LOL
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 16:28:35 »
I was thinking about this problem too. What passed through my mind was, to add at character creation, a personality test. Where you complete it from your char's point of view. Depending on your personality result, you will have a set of animations. However this test will give a vast answer like for e.g.: Serious, Cocky or Dynamic. While for those who pay and have the premium account or whatever, they have a more accurate test which gives a more specifically answer accompanied by an original set of animations.

But maybe is better to have the opportunity to choose yourself the exact type of animation that you like.

I kind of like the personality thing, but perhaps without the semi-dumb transaction for a "more accurate test" (no offense Kono).

Perhaps it could be more along the lines of:

The Devs create a set amount of animations, sort of like a RuneScape system of emotes. Players in turn take a quick char personality test (via some sort of form in char creation), and based on the totalled results, your char gets placed into a certain "character type" for their personality, which then automatically unlocks certain emotes out of the list. For example: A Serious character type could automatically unlock emotes such as *Disapproving (shaking the head)*, and *Stop (holding out hand in a stop-sign motion)*.

The rest can still be accessed (via completing missions/achievements), but your character starts off with those other emotes automatically unlocked for their character.

IF, per say, people REALLY insisted on getting emotes to have to be paid for (so, idk, they can lord it over others that they "...got the *Back-Flip* emote nah-nah-nah!"), you could always scrap that emote system and go with a standard ESO one where all the emotes are automatically available at any time via /emote (ex: /flute).

@Cedie  (Bio), I think they meant more of emotes for character personality, not fighting styles.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 21:19:41 »
I see that you concern yourselves regarding individuality and uniqueness as much as I do. However, in a realistic setup, students are taught the same standard techniques, hence Newbies might have the same style. At high level modifications are to be expected. This way your fighting styles become  more distinct. Also, less hassle to the developers. LOL

This is not always true. Although students might be taught the same standards, from a more realistic perspective a ninja would take these standards and apply them in different ways combining them with their own style. Like in the FIFA game, everyone is taught to dribble, shot and pass, but they do it in their own way.

@dragon6624 no, I actually were talking about the fighting/moving style, at least  Straw meant that.

Yeah support the idea of buying them with real cash, but some default sets animations could be selectable at the character creation.

But I have another idea, maybe the game could have different animations for each action, and these animations are trigger randomly or maybe specifically in different conditions/situations every time you do them.
Example: Your are in the dessert and when you dodge an attack, the character slides[with some sand tossing into the air] to the direction you dodge and ends up leaned down and the knees bent on an attacking position.
However, when you're in the forest, your shoes will have better grip on the grass therefore a slide is not the best way to go. Perhaps a short jump to the direction you're dodging.
This idea doesn't really emphasizes uniqueness among player, but still think is pretty cool.

In anyway I like the idea of being able to chose the animations of the many different action that happen ingame.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 09:47:49 »
This sounds really awesome, but will likely be pretty long term priority wise xD
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 22:43:10 »
in the short term slightly different animations of fighting styles for each starting village should be applied so that throw careful observation you might be able to figure out what jutsu thay use....
and there for what the best counter would be also there is no current tijutsu macanichs int the curent version... a simple punch and kick should be added soon..
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 22:45:48 by cmsurfer »

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 09:27:27 »
Personally, I don't think it should cost money just to have more customization options.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 12:01:55 »
Personally, I don't think it should cost money just to have more customization options.

Then how do you want to keep this game running?