Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64776
Latest: StephenNib
New This Month: 297
New This Week: 115
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 79235
Total Topics: 23723
Most Online Today: 1264
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 643
Total: 653
StephenNib
Google (9)

Author Topic: Riddles, deduction problems and logic situations.  (Read 44334 times)

Offline Konohuro

Re: Riddles, deduction problems and logic situations.
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2015, 19:12:04 »
I completely forgot about this one xD! I've heard this somewhere before... I'd say that x will say "I don't know" and y will say " I don't know" too but z will say "no"

Reasoning: The first man knew he was tied to a white pole because he knew x did not see two white poles, and y did not see one black pole, instead he saw one white pole, if he had seen a black pole, he would've known his pole would've been white judging from x's statement, so z knew his pole HAD to be white judging from both their statements since y would've said no if he had seen z being tied to a black pole. They are freed!

Correct.

Suggestion: Use full stop.
B-b-but I said all in one breath! ;3; full stops disrupt my flow, just saying :3.

P.S. If you look closely I used one full stop before "They are freed!" x3.

My Riddle! There is a prison with 100 prisoners, each in separate cells with no form of contact. There is an area in the prison with a single light bulb in it. Each day, the warden picks one of the prisoners at random, even if they have been picked before, and takes them out to the lobby. The prisoner will have the choice to flip the switch if they want. The light bulb starts off.

When a prisoner is taken into the area with the light bulb, he can also say "Every prisoner has been brought to the light bulb." If this is true all prisoners will go free. However, if a prisoner chooses to say this and it's wrong, all the prisoners will be executed. So a prisoner should only say this if he knows it is true for sure.

Before the first day of this process begins, all the prisoners are allowed to get together to discuss a strategy to eventually save themselves.

What strategy could they use to ensure they will go free?

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars

Either this is easy either this is tricky...
My guess: When a prisoner is picked up, he will turn on the light only if it's his first time. If he was picked up in another day and he already turned once the light on then he won't do it this time. The prisoners will count how many days the light was turned on, 100 days with light means all prisoners were picked up at a certain moment. At least, this is the strategy that I would adopt.
But, how did they know the light was lit up a 100 times? all the prisoners are in complete isolation from each other, and can't see the light.

If a prisoner turns the light on, will it stay this way until the next prisoner is picked-up?

Offline Migi-San

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Migi-San has no influence.
  • Yo wassup guys. The life of a shinobi is tough~
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2015, 20:35:32 »
I completely forgot about this one xD! I've heard this somewhere before... I'd say that x will say "I don't know" and y will say " I don't know" too but z will say "no"

Reasoning: The first man knew he was tied to a white pole because he knew x did not see two white poles, and y did not see one black pole, instead he saw one white pole, if he had seen a black pole, he would've known his pole would've been white judging from x's statement, so z knew his pole HAD to be white judging from both their statements since y would've said no if he had seen z being tied to a black pole. They are freed!

Correct.

B-b-but I said all in one breath! ;3; full stops disrupt my flow, just saying :3.

My Riddle! There is a prison with 100 prisoners, each in separate cells with no form of contact. There is an area in the prison with a single light bulb in it. Each day, the warden picks one of the prisoners at random, even if they have been picked before, and takes them out to the lobby. The prisoner will have the choice to flip the switch if they want. The light bulb starts off.

When a prisoner is taken into the area with the light bulb, he can also say "Every prisoner has been brought to the light bulb." If this is true all prisoners will go free. However, if a prisoner chooses to say this and it's wrong, all the prisoners will be executed. So a prisoner should only say this if he knows it is true for sure.

Before the first day of this process begins, all the prisoners are allowed to get together to discuss a strategy to eventually save themselves.

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars

My guess: When a prisoner is picked up, he will turn on the light only if it's his first time. If he was picked up in another day and he already turned once the light on then he won't do it this time. The prisoners will count how many days the light was turned on, 100 days with light means all prisoners were picked up at a certain moment. At least, this is the strategy that I would adopt.
But, how did they know the light was lit up a 100 times? all the prisoners are in complete isolation from each other, and can't see the light.

If a prisoner turns the light on, will it stay this way until the next prisoner is picked-up?

are they allowed to leave something in the room? say marks of some sort?
  • Character Name: Migi Kirishima
Every organization is corrupt at heart. NOTHING is more true to itself than a clan. Yes...that seems about right. A clan of many fates intertwined into a noble goal for the next generation of our own

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2015, 04:02:08 »

Correct.

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars

Unless another prisoner turns it off, no one other than the prisoners do anything with the light bulb.

Correct.

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars

are they allowed to leave something in the room? say marks of some sort?
What will they leave a mark with? Some kind of stone? Which would be contraband, better to follow a simple strategy allowed by the warden, so no, they aren't allowed to leave any mark whatsoever.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2015, 16:59:42 »
Is there the possibility to ask for an hint? :c

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2015, 18:00:13 »
Bribe the guard?
If not than I'll have to think about this.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2015, 11:00:47 »
There is, do you want it?

Bribe the guard?

The guards cannot be bribed, and what will the prisoners bribe them with?

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2015, 18:02:32 »

Bribe the guard?

Yis pls ;-;
The things I thought of were already mentioned or answered :/

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2015, 12:43:00 »

Bribe the guard?

Yis pls ;-;
The things I thought of were already mentioned or answered :/
okay, this is a hint for everyone, Konohuro was going on the right path, but he made the mistake of overlooking one single detail, the detail I already mentioned when I answered his first post on this riddle.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:04:33 by Shivraj »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2015, 18:49:48 »
Last simple answer shot: They can hear when the switch is turned on/off.

I must admit I really doubt this answer but at the same time it would be an interesting answer.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2015, 04:04:55 »
Last simple answer shot: They can hear when the switch is turned on/off.

I must admit I really doubt this answer but at the same time it would be an interesting answer.
As I said, they are NO WHERE NEAR the switch or the light bulb, so no way to see or hear the light bulb.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2015, 13:38:10 »
Ok. Long range shot: One of them will be the counter. The light will stay off. If one (except the counter) enters the room and is his first time than he turns the light on. It will stay this way until the counter will enter again the room and HE will switch it off. And the process is repeated until the counter have counted 99 flicks off. Than he can say that all the 100 prisoners have been in the room.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2015, 14:24:50 »
Ok. Long range shot: One of them will be the counter. The light will stay off. If one (except the counter) enters the room and is his first time than he turns the light on. It will stay this way until the counter will enter again the room and HE will switch it off. And the process is repeated until the counter have counted 99 flicks off. Than he can say that all the 100 prisoners have been in the room.
Correct! Took you long enough :P .(<- Joke :P, but correct answer! Your turn!)

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2015, 09:24:05 »
Ok, I'll keep it simple. Related to shivraj's riddle: How soon can they escape from the prison? But how long it will take them in the worst case?
You'll have to answer both questions correct.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2015, 12:08:04 »
Bumpy.

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2015, 09:48:00 »
Ok, I'll keep it simple. Related to shivraj's riddle: How soon can they escape from the prison? But how long it will take them in the worst case?
You'll have to answer both questions correct.
How soon can they escape from the prison? 8 hours @@
long it will take them in the worst case? 32 hour
here i helped u shiv XDD
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
FrankJScott
m4r1us