Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65307
Latest: Michaelaham
New This Month: 828
New This Week: 280
New Today: 92
Stats
Total Posts: 79609
Total Topics: 23871
Most Online Today: 1902
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1534
Total: 1546

Author Topic: Disabilities  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Disabilities
« on: January 01, 2015, 16:18:27 »
I think it would be cool if there was chance when you made your character, you become unable to use one technique/style of fighting. For instance you would create your character but he couldn't do taijutsu.
If this was added I also think it would be nice for the player to choose one skill which he could excel in.

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
Re: Disabilities
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 16:31:55 »
Not everyone is like Lee lel. When I saw the topic "Disabilities" I was thinking like a broken leg or something. But I don't find that a really good idea tbh.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 16:40:57 »
Hmm. I see where Mars is coming from but I do feel this will probably be determined in the skill tree. Most people will pick a certain jutsu to excel in and maybe another to back up that jutsu leaving the third to be a weak spot anyway.

However, you will probably get some who try to balance all 3 at the same level which would leave them only half at strength in each skill but having no weakness other than half power. Not sure if I made sense here but it's not a bad idea Mars :3
I just reckon it will be determined in the way that player trains rather than being decided straight from character creation :)
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 17:51:29 »
Nothing personal, Mars, you seem to be a cool guy but I hate Lee. If my character will be "born" with no chakra what should I do? Delete my character and give it another try so i won't be forced becoming a Lee in game, SLO version. You know, if you choose to play on the rp server than you can play as you really have a disability; also everybody will have to recognize you as you want to be recognized ;)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 18:17:39 »
Nothing personal, Mars, you seem to be a cool guy but I hate Lee. If my character will be "born" with no chakra what should I do? Delete my character and give it another try so i won't be forced becoming a Lee in game, SLO version. You know, if you choose to play on the rp server than you can play as you really have a disability; also everybody will have to recognize you as you want to be recognized ;)
Yeah I see your point, but still. It would make the game a little more realistic.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 18:39:47 »
It's true that it might make it more realistic and this is the main purpose of this game: to be as realistic as possible. Still, ask yourself this: does the purpose of this game surpass the purpose of all MMOs: to make the players feel confortable playing the game?

EDIT: I read again what I wrote and I can't believe how nerd sounded what I said. lol
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 18:41:40 by Konohuro »

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 21:25:16 »
It sure would be interesting to see if that happened, but if that happened everyone would create a new character. nobody will want to be lee in this game, especially not having chakra
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 06:38:44 »
It sure would be interesting to see if that happened, but if that happened everyone would create a new character. nobody will want to be lee in this game, especially not having chakra
I think I know someone who would like to be leeee... :) *shrug*Mars*shrug*

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 07:19:40 »
We support realism to levels that are maintainable. This means giving disadvantages at character creation straight away is not possible as it would result in a bunch of spam characters of people that just re-create a character that is not to their preference. This is the reason why we let players choose their first natures, as opposed to making it more realistically random. The second nature, being much further away in time, we can randomize because players wont delete a character they spent months playing on.

Disabilities are in this same fashion, while some might enjoy it, like some would enjoy a random primary nature, MOST people would just re-create their character.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 21:48:05 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 09:14:38 »
We support realism to levels that are maintainable. This means giving disadvantages at character creation straight away is not possible as it would result in a bunch of spam characters of people that just re-create a character that is not to their preference.This is he reason why we let players choose their first natures, as opposed to making it more realistically random. The second nature, being much further away in time, we can randomize because players wont delete a character they spent months playing on.

Disabilities are in this same fashion, while some might enjoy it, like some would enjoy a random primary nature, MOST people would just re-create their character.
I see, thanks for that=)