Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 76983
Total Topics: 22498
Most Online Today: 1055
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1037
Total: 1051
Marinaucf
Google (AdSense) (4)
Google (9)

Author Topic: Using Different Chakra Natures  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Using Different Chakra Natures
« on: December 30, 2015, 20:32:51 »
I haven't seen this on this forum before, and it's something I'd like to suggest.

I am a great fan of the system of one chakra nature to start with, moving onto two once you reach jonin level. However, something that hasn't been discussed is using more than one chakra nature before you reach jonin. You should be able to use all 5 chakra natures, but only use the others badly. Getting good with the others should take an enormous amount of time to learn, and should be far weaker than your primary nature (by enormous I mean something like 20x as long). This would allow each person (as they would be able to do in Naruto) to use every chakra nature. An example of this is in the Ninja war where all the shinobi learned one, easy earth jutsu. I think this would be a great addition to the game and would make the game far more "realistic".

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Re: Using Different Chakra Natures
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 21:12:30 »
tbf, it should just be the system they have planned, no need for everyone to get 5 chakra natures
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline taigakun

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 21:35:18 »
tbf, it should just be the system they have planned, no need for everyone to get 5 chakra natures

yeah it would be pretty boring if everyone had everything

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 21:36:07 »

This.

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 12:00:17 »
As  of now yea it should just stay as it is, keeps things balanced and not over complicate stuff. This not to say it cant happen, during them end game times when you need something to do
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 12:36:09 »
Maybe for the ELO DeathMatch it would be a nice idea. Everyone has access to all chakra natures. All chakra natures have a single jutsu available with a certain role, like:
Earth- a jutsu that creates an earth dome that has the role of self-protection for a certain time or the role to trap yourself and an enemy at the same time inside (for a certain time as well)
Fire- just how it is now, continuously dealing an average amount of damage, average range.
Lightning- how it is now, heavy damage but requires touching the opponent so short range.
Wind- Small damage, very long range or Heavy damage, very long range, slow crossing
Water- Healing or trapping someone's legs so they can't move for a certain time.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 17:14:14 »
That'd actually be cool ^

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 01:34:09 »
I agree, but each one should have an offensive jutsu that would injure others
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 02:06:42 »
That might be okay for a cheap jutsu update as long as it doesnt set any precedents for the full game
would be bad if certain natures dmg is lowered because it is considered defense only. Water being healing scares me, because the natures do not affect most healing abilities in Naruto....
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 05:25:09 »
this kinda go's back to the reason why i made that importance of teamwork topic..
if everyone can do everything well, then there is no reason to go on missions with other players or stay with a village or clan at all. there are very few characters in the naruto universe that ever used more than 3 natures and the ones that did used other techniques to allow them to do so.

i agree with lollernoob.... chakra natures have no strengths or weaknesses in regards to the way they are used.. fire may seem like a only offensive nature but what if you used in on you inner chakra network to burn away poisons in your system... natures are only as strong or as week as the shinobi that wield them.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 09:32:37 »
That might be okay for a cheap jutsu update as long as it doesnt set any precedents for the full game
would be bad if certain natures dmg is lowered because it is considered defense only. Water being healing scares me, because the natures do not affect most healing abilities in Naruto....
Konohuro DID say
Maybe for the ELO DeathMatch it would be a nice idea. Everyone has access to all chakra natures. All chakra natures have a single jutsu available with a certain role

this kinda go's back to the reason why i made that importance of teamwork topic..
if everyone can do everything well, then there is no reason to go on missions with other players or stay with a village or clan at all. there are very few characters in the naruto universe that ever used more than 3 natures and the ones that did used other techniques to allow them to do so.

i agree with lollernoob.... chakra natures have no strengths or weaknesses in regards to the way they are used.. fire may seem like a only offensive nature but what if you used in on you inner chakra network to burn away poisons in your system... natures are only as strong or as week as the shinobi that wield them.
again,
Maybe for the ELO DeathMatch it would be a nice idea. Everyone has access to all chakra natures. All chakra natures have a single jutsu available with a certain role
If it were in the full game, then I'd KIND of agree with your point about not needing teamwork, but please, read before you post something.

About using Fire to heal, evaporating poison IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM(OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN YOUR BODY), doesn't seem like a good idea. Evaported gas is, well, HOT.

Let's just leave the healing to healing nin in the full game shall we?

You won't be able to use any nature of chakra for any other use than already planned dude... only the jutsu implemented in-game will be useable, and not anything other than that, so you shouldn't think you can get creative with your chakra nature and defeat an experienced player.... This game will be a(n) (as)realistic(as is fun and possible) MMOARPG, I've seen your other posts, and, you expect too much realism from this game, so much so, that it won't be fun to play it anymore, HOW THE HELL WILL YOU AIM FOR THE JUGULAR OR THE HEART?!?!??!? (sorry, but I just wanted to ask you that from the post you made on another topic, but I had nothing to say there, and since I'm making a post here, might as well ask you, hmm?)

Sorry for the rant, but I'm annoyed by the amount of realism you expect....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:36:08 by Shivraj »
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 15:43:57 »
ok so i HAVE read all the FAQs and do understand the object of this game and am super excited about it...there is one thing that everyone seems to be forgetting if you are trying to be real at all
not everyone is a shinobi, this is why every time that the hidden leaf was attacked that they evacuate everyone with out the ability to control chakra to a secure location.

when a academy student first learns to control chakra the first thing they learn is how to use it for
defence... clone jutsu and substitution jutsu, their ability to attack is limited to shuriken and kunai
jutsu and taijutsu with the substitution jutsu mastered any attack is basically reduced to 0 damage anyway this is why i think kunai can be just as powerful as ninjutsu. this is as real as i expect the game to be which is why i am so excited about this game because most of this is planed.....my worry, from what i have read from everyones elses posts, is that its going to turn into a game of ninjutsu were the only thing that can kill you is a giant cloud of clashing chakra on the battlefield in a deathmatch or in-game. i think people are thinking this way because all anyone can use right now is ninjutsu and it's getting people kinda thinking one way

ninjutsu should be used the way the ino-sika-cho formation is used as a combination attack
that would guarantee victory over any number of opponents for this it takes team work so @Shivraj YES again

and to make teamwork advisable it should be real. if you go out alone and you are attacked because you got to close to a shinobi hidden with ill intent....you better be prepared to die even if its a kunai that kills you.... this is what a shinobi's life is...online or otherwize.

i personally plan on being a medical ninja and don't expect to know much ninjutsu besides substitution and maybe some other defencive and evasion or stealth ninjutsu
this would make me nearly useless in a fight except for a little taijutsu and setting traps. but would make me indispensable as part of a squad.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 18:14:50 by cmsurfer »

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 17:23:49 »
The reason I suggested this is that in Naruto all shinobi can use all chakra natures. However, these chakra natures can never be as strong as the chakra nature(s) that they have an affinity for. This is what I suggest for SLO. It will take an unbelievable amount of time to learn these jutsu, and even then, it could only be say, half as strong as anyone with the affinity for that jutsu. If someone is really willing to spend that amount of time being able to use all 5 chakra natures, they should be rewarded, though it wouldn't be very strong. The only reason I suggest this is that it would be really cool, and it would enable each person to maybe, at most, learn one or two moves from each element to help counter etc. This would definitely add an aspect of "realism" in the game. This is the way it is in Naruto, and therefore the way it should be in SLO. I don't see any good reason NOT to add it into the game, and all the reason to add it in.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 17:45:22 »
ok so i HAVE read all the FAQs and do understand the object of this game and am super excited about it...there is one thing that everyone seems to be forgetting if you are trying to be real at all
not everyone is a shinobi, this is why every time that the hidden leaf was attacked that they evacuate everyone with out the ability to control chakra to a secure location.

when a academy student first learns to control chakra the first thing they learn is how to use it for
defence... clone jutsu and substitution jutsu, their ability to attack is limited to shuriken and kunai
jutsu and taijutsu with the substitution jutsu mastered any attack is basically reduced to 0 damage anyway this is why i think kunai can be just as powerful as ninjutsu. this is as real as i expect the game to be which is why i am so excited about this game because most of this is planed.....my worry, from what i have read from everyones elses posts, is that its going to turn into a game of ninjutsu were the only thing that can kill you is a giant cloud of clashing chakra on the battlefield in a deathmatch or in-game. i think people are thinking this way because all anyone can use right now is ninjutsu and it's getting people kinda thinking one way

ninjutsu should be used the way the ino-sika-cho formation is used as a combination attack
that would guarantee victory over any number of opponents for this it takes team work so @Shivraj YES again

and to make teamwork advisable it should be real. if you go out alone and you are attacked because you got to close to a shinobi hidden with ill intent....you better be prepared to die even if its a kunai that kills you.... this is what a shinobi's life is...online or otherwize.
But dude, have you ever imagined that you made a character, you trained the character, you reached jonin after 7 months or more of playing, then you head out for a mission, and guess what? A KUNAI HITS YOU! Guess who killed you? A noob who just joined the game, he hit your heart, would you be happy? That is not realism, that is just idiotic. Did you see the Fourth Shinobi War? How else were people being killed? CHAKRA, why would you make it so that ONE KUNAI can kill you if it hits the heart, or the side of your neck?
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 19:12:36 »
your forgetting the faq the player can decide to kill you or not and if you have a  medical ninja with you he/she can render first aid to prevent that(i would imagine, i didn't see anything like that in the FAQ but it would make sense)then a tactical retreat to the nearest village for the hole squad would happen. this would count as a defeat for everyone in the squad but you would stay alive. i guess i never really explained my ideas well for the benefits of teamwork. but it would all work out and the game would really be more fun for everyone. if a new player could kill someone who was more experienced if they were caught off guard in the right circumstances.

and if you have trained and played for 7 months and don't know that a team increases your chances of survival then id say your not that experienced. just lucky
personally i would not be running around without a substitution jutsu active and even a counter stacked on top of the jutsu

as for fire healing that obviously makes no sense... but it would disrupt the chemical bonds of the poison in your system making the poison non toxic and since its your own chakra the heat that it generates to your organs would be mild... you would take a little damage but its better then dying of poison. this was just an example of a way chakra natures can be used in other none obvious ways... not to suggest that it be put in the game.

sorry for continually editing this post i just what to be as clear about my ideas as i can
and i am not very good at text communication.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 20:10:09 by cmsurfer »