Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64469
Latest: synthroid brand 88 mcg
New This Month: 338
New This Week: 14
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 76855
Total Topics: 22392
Most Online Today: 1299
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 994
Total: 1006
Victornph
Google (11)

Author Topic: My thoughts on the 1.0.8 release.  (Read 9034 times)

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
My thoughts on the 1.0.8 release.
« on: July 18, 2015, 19:58:50 »
My opinion: The map is very vast and that's great but maybe it could have a forest in a certain area where we can regain chakra. Like giant trees to hide in. I really like how the "God's Testicle" (Poorly named in my opinion) is a one hit kill jutsu but takes a lot of chakra. That is a good balance so people like @Devilfox don't abuse it. Though the drain rate seems fast, people have to take into consideration that even in the anime, Kakashi could only use Chidori 2-3 times till he used up all his chakra. I also noticed the character could do with some work, seeing as the shoulders are a little pointed though I don't think it is necessary seeing that it is a temp model.

My suggestions: Maybe add in some weak jutsu. They don't have to look so fancy. Also, though I said the drain rate for the chakra was well balanced in "My opinion", I do think for Fire Ball it could be a little slower as the Fire Ball jutsu is a low ranking jutsu. Either that or make the recharge rate a little faster, or maybe when we stand still we regain chakra faster than if we was moving around. As I mentioned in opinion, we could do with more hiding places to regain chakra.

My questions:
Why does the game run more slower in this update than the one before?
Why wasn't this released to Donators for a week or so before being released publicly?
Why have we had no small village buildings put into the map yet?
Why have the accent letters been added to the games alphabet yet?
Is this update counted as the DM update?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 20:02:01 by Leebz »

• Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Devilfox

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Devilfox has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Shinra Tensei
Re: My thoughts on the 1.0.8 release.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 21:27:16 »
A fine recap of what has occured. Love the mention :) Abuse is the right word here. It seems the God jutsu has slightly more range than the chidori, so just activating the jutsu seals up to ...201 leaving only the 5 to activated it and then instakilling anyone without any repercussions seems indeed out of balance.
I have however heard rumors that several jutsu might be removed from the game, including this one. We stand by for official commentary on this.

I myself think the chakra system has to be reworked, but we have a different topic for that so I'll comment on it no further here.

Furthermore, I'd like to add that for a new release this was a great and fun experience, but it is obvious there is work to be done.

I'll close off by saying that Vreg has done a great job creating/editing this game, and I look forward to the next updates/patches/fixes/implementations/reworks/etc/etc/etc/etc.
  • Character Name: Devilfox

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 22:16:40 »
i agree with every you said, except the question "Why wasn't this released to Donators for a week or so before being released publicly?" for obvious reasons lol. Also @Devilfox  i believe all the jutsu's will be reworked so you could say they're going to be taken out the game, and i don't think he needs to add another weak jutsu because the values are still being tested as it stands.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 22:56:38 »
A fine recap of what has occured. Love the mention :) Abuse is the right word here. It seems the God jutsu has slightly more range than the chidori, so just activating the jutsu seals up to ...201 leaving only the 5 to activated it and then instakilling anyone without any repercussions seems indeed out of balance.
I have however heard rumors that several jutsu might be removed from the game, including this one. We stand by for official commentary on this.

I myself think the chakra system has to be reworked, but we have a different topic for that so I'll comment on it no further here.

Furthermore, I'd like to add that for a new release this was a great and fun experience, but it is obvious there is work to be done.

I'll close off by saying that Vreg has done a great job creating/editing this game, and I look forward to the next updates/patches/fixes/implementations/reworks/etc/etc/etc/etc.
It's rare to have someone appear and contribute soon after they join, I agree with what you said. Nice idea.

and @limits , many people donate as they're told that they will get early access to versions. So far we haven't had donator perks for about a year.
I'm personally not bothered, though you have to realize that donators are the main funders of SLO and you need to give people a reason to donate.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 23:28:50 »
@Mars I understand that mars, i wouldn't have been bothered if it were planned from the start, but since the update was announced i was on everyday checking(which was around 4 weeks), then i heard we had to wait another week, kinda annoyed, but i do agree that donators are the main funders and they do need an incentive to donate.

Offline Isis

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 06:24:56 »
I was thinking maybe it would be nice to have a chakra regaining mode. Where basically the character just sits down and regains chakra at a higher rate, without being able to do damage, move etc etc.

Something weird that happened to me, I don't know about the rest, is that if I run while casting a Chidori, hold the Chidori for a while and then Use it and completely stop running, my chakra would still be getting lower and lower, pretty much until it hits zero. I don't know if that's supposed to happen, or if it is just me... But it doesn't look right. Does it normally keep draining chakra even after I stop doing anything/

Also the addition of a stamina bar would be great because I think the biggest reason people feel chakra is too low is because chakra is consumed for whatever you do. Running, jumping and dodging should all consume Stamina instead. While chakra should only be consumed by Jutsus, and maybe that doube jump feature as well.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:29:23 by Isis »
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 10:45:47 »
My opinion: The map is very vast and that's great but maybe it could have a forest in a certain area where we can regain chakra. Like giant trees to hide in. I really like how the "God's Testicle" (Poorly named in my opinion) is a one hit kill jutsu but takes a lot of chakra. That is a good balance so people like @Devilfox don't abuse it. Though the drain rate seems fast, people have to take into consideration that even in the anime, Kakashi could only use Chidori 2-3 times till he used up all his chakra. I also noticed the character could do with some work, seeing as the shoulders are a little pointed though I don't think it is necessary seeing that it is a temp model.

My suggestions: Maybe add in some weak jutsu. They don't have to look so fancy. Also, though I said the drain rate for the chakra was well balanced in "My opinion", I do think for Fire Ball it could be a little slower as the Fire Ball jutsu is a low ranking jutsu. Either that or make the recharge rate a little faster, or maybe when we stand still we regain chakra faster than if we was moving around. As I mentioned in opinion, we could do with more hiding places to regain chakra.

My questions:
Why does the game run more slower in this update than the one before?
Why wasn't this released to Donators for a week or so before being released publicly?
Why have we had no small village buildings put into the map yet?
Why have the accent letters been added to the games alphabet yet?
Is this update counted as the DM update?

1. The game runs slower because of an inefficient algorithm which causes a lot of network lag and CPU overhead when a lot of people are online, this will be resolved in 1.0.8.1. This is the reason why everyone was lagging and having low FPS.

2. Because we made everyone wait more than expected.

3. That will be an early donator release in the near future.

4. Because the current SLO font does not support it, we'll change fonts in the near future.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 10:58:44 »
You forgot question number 5, but i'll answer that, Basically, The FT version is gonna be slowly transformed into DM with each update, so we're one step closer to DM! so to answer your fifth question, 1.0.8 does NOT count as the DM update, but it added many features that gives us an idea of what DM will be like! so cheers! things that the DM will have but the current version doesn't have are a lot, like servers for each game mode (?) new and better jutsus, Taijutsu, better algorithms that make the game run smoothly, advanced graphic settings, etc., etc.

P.S. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong @everyone.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 11:44:23 »
You forgot question number 5, but i'll answer that, Basically, The FT version is gonna be slowly transformed into DM with each update, so we're one step closer to DM! so to answer your fifth question, 1.0.8 does NOT count as the DM update, but it added many features that gives us an idea of what DM will be like! so cheers! things that the DM will have but the current version doesn't have are a lot, like servers for each game mode (?) new and better jutsus, Taijutsu, better algorithms that make the game run smoothly, advanced graphic settings, etc., etc.

P.S. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong @everyone.
Oh yeah and this is just one step closer to DM, not actual DM.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 16:02:27 »
Vreg, I really do think that you should make a map very similar to the forest of death. Not to cramped with huge trees but not to open as well. Maybe you can consider
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 16:57:19 »
@StrawHatSeyi I think you're missing the sole purpose of this update tbf, really it was just to test hp/chakra/death, the kakashi models and same map could have still been used even regardless >_> (i'd also like a map like the forest of death aswell tho haha but priorities come first)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 17:43:07 »
Vreg, I really do think that you should make a map very similar to the forest of death. Not to cramped with huge trees but not to open as well. Maybe you can consider
As limits said, priorities. But this would be amazing if the team ever got the time.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 20:29:25 »
Jump should consume chakra only when you detach from the ground. At the moment, chakra is drain even when you are in mid air, when in fact- in my opinion- chakra should be spent only when you launch, after this you don't use chakra anymore.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 03:16:37 »
Jump should consume chakra only when you detach from the ground. At the moment, chakra is drain even when you are in mid air, when in fact- in my opinion- chakra should be spent only when you launch, after this you don't use chakra anymore.
Actually jump only consumes chakra when you jump, what you're seeing in the chakra bar is the linear decreasing of that original consumption. It doesn't go from 1000 to 950 instantly, it builds down from 1000 to 950 in linear fashion.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 19:57:20 »
Actually jump only consumes chakra when you jump, what you're seeing in the chakra bar is the linear decreasing of that original consumption. It doesn't go from 1000 to 950 instantly, it builds down from 1000 to 950 in linear fashion.

But something contradicts. If I do a normal jump on a flat surface, the chakra decreases like you said but If I jump on a sloped area like a mountain: from the bottom to the pick, the chakra will stop decreasing when I land which means it stops faster. But I may be wrong, I haven't tried it repeatedly to confirm this.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro