Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64444
Latest: Colinvex
New This Month: 313
New This Week: 74
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76525
Total Topics: 22108
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1231
Total: 1243
EdithSoure
Eldardic
Colinvex
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Why the practical test is retarded  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Why the practical test is retarded
« on: August 05, 2016, 18:04:40 »
Practical test is just so unfair.
I'll list off why

> The test should be fair, everyone should have the same chance to get kage
> Why should it be easier for some people?
Two of the best players may end up fighting (limits and Ken). One of these players will lose and in turn they will get 0 points for the in game exam even though they're the best in game.
Whereas an average player could fight a bad player and would get more points than the best players.
> People who did badly in every other test could still become kage if they had a shitty candidate to face against in the practicals and they didn't get negative points totalled from the other two tests

It would be smarter to have one person face everyone and assign points respectively to how well the candidates did
eg Nova fights all the candidates and you get points based on how many times you hit him.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 18:07:21 by Mars »

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Konohuro

Re: Why the practical test is retarded
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 18:53:42 »
Also there is a possibility that neither Ken or limits will become kages if they end up fighting each other.
According to the actual system, if you win with low health then you will receive less points. Between the two above it will be a close combat and the winner will most likely have low health therefore he won't get enough points to become Kage even if he is maybe the best player in the whole community.

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 21:35:28 »
I completely agree with this, the system just seems flawed tbh. Not that some of us have any chance anyway, but this is not a level playing field and the people with the easier matchups that may not be as good at the game itself will get more points and do better, as Kono said.

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 23:50:13 »
they can fight vreg so yea
> Why should it be easier for some people? like who i think they are all good in game skill...
but that are the rules if you will keep this it will be like the first kage test>>>>
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 23:57:18 »
The only thing I could give against it being that people who scored incredibly poorly on the first & second test, are able to still get enough points by simply rekking their opponent (if the opponent did well at both first & second test but aren't doing as prominent in the third they would lose their chance even though they overall did better.)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 01:10:01 »
The only thing I could give against it being that people who scored incredibly poorly on the first & second test, are able to still get enough points by simply rekking their opponent (if the opponent did well at both first & second test but aren't doing as prominent in the third they would lose their chance even though they overall did better.)

*Coughs*Naruto Uzumaki*Coughs*
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:37:13 »

*Coughs*Naruto Uzumaki*Coughs*
It annoys me because it was all BS how Naruto beat Kiba AND Neji, the two strongest rookies in the chunin exams.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 10:13:00 »
It's unfair.
@Sanji if you honestly think Ken fighting limits and only one of them getting points for the in game exam is fair you're retarded.

And even if you do fight Vreg, he's actually pretty good and that's not fair when people get to go against absolute rookies.
I could do jack shit for the first two tests if I signed up to a village where I'm better than my competitor, flaw them in the practical and get enough points for kage.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 12:35:09 »
To be honest, I think it is fair. Nothing makes you better than the other one, so why would they pick opponents specially? You are all on the same level as others. Just because some of you fight better generally, shouldn't make you more priviliged than others, because if Iam right such things are not noted officially, so can't be proved. Opinions are usually subjective, so wouldn't be fair to others to pick according to that. You all ask for easier matches for yourself right now, and that is not fair neither. I think it is fair that you can get anyone. Sports work the same way, may strong teams get each other. (yes, it is the same)

There is only one thing, that is really dumb. Why people, who go for different village's kageship have to fight against each other? If a given village's only candidate loses, then how will you pick the kage for that one? Kages shouldn't fight against candidates from other villages, but the rest seems to be ok. Candidates should fight against the ones, who go for the same kageship. If there is no another, then that guy is lucky. In an election if there is no opponent, then obviously the one wins, who went for the role. We all had chance to apply, if there is only one for a kageship, then no fight should be held.  Either this, or the current system left to decide. I don't think there are better options to pick kages.
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 12:49:50 »
To be honest, I think it is fair. Nothing makes you better than the other one, so why would they pick opponents specially? You are all on the same level as others. Just because some of you fight better generally, shouldn't make you more priviliged than others, because if Iam right such things are not noted officially, so can't be proved. Opinions are usually subjective, so wouldn't be fair to others to pick according to that. You all ask for easier matches for yourself right now, and that is not fair neither. I think it is fair that you can get anyone. Sports work the same way, may strong teams get each other. (yes, it is the same)

I said everyone should have a fair shot against the same opponent. This would mean the test is fair. I didn't say some players should have easier matches.

And actually, things do make you better than each other. You can't go and say everyone is on the same skill level, because they're not.
However, that wasn't my point.
My point was that everyone's test should be the same difficulty.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 12:52:42 »

I said everyone should have a fair shot against the same opponent. This would mean the test is fair. I didn't say some players should have easier matches.

And actually, things do make you better than each other. You can't go and say everyone is on the same skill level, because they're not.
However, that wasn't my point.
My point was that everyone's test should be the same difficulty.

Mars, I didn't talk about your posts. I simply wanted to bring another option in my last lines. The first part was simply my opinion. I simply talked about fairness, then said it is stupid that everybody faces with people who go for different kageships. I'd make it local instead of global. Those who go for one given village, they should face against each other only. Those who went alone for a role, then they are lucky. Just like elections, if you go alone, there an election held, but you know the result already as there are no more options.
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 14:05:33 »
Practical test is just so unfair.
I'll list off why

> The test should be fair, everyone should have the same chance to get kage
> Why should it be easier for some people?
Two of the best players may end up fighting (limits and Ken). One of these players will lose and in turn they will get 0 points for the in game exam even though they're the best in game.
Whereas an average player could fight a bad player and would get more points than the best players.
> People who did badly in every other test could still become kage if they had a shitty candidate to face against in the practicals and they didn't get negative points totalled from the other two tests

It would be smarter to have one person face everyone and assign points respectively to how well the candidates did
eg Nova fights all the candidates and you get points based on how many times you hit him.

This was created because you already have pre-judgments in mind that A is a better player than B. I don't, I see all of you with equal potentials. Also, if you are worried because limits might fight Ken and either of them will lose, then ask them to fight someone else to up their chance. It could be that the two candidates in other village are equally weak and one is not deserving to be a Kage. This is analogous to a country with two presidential candidates. They could be equally weak or strong but, that country, in our case, village has no choice but to have one of them. Candidates belonging in assorted cluster are just village leaders who should fight for their village and if you lose then the village has no kage.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 14:09:58 »

Oh this is not a problem. It is for that reason that each player has to do well in every test. The sense of responsibility should prevail. We don't want the "Oh I should not be worried with this shit Theoretical test, I'll do better in the Practical test." Then you won over your opponent in Practical test but have insufficient points. You'll be reminded with the points you could have gathered had you done better in the previous test.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 14:19:29 by Phone Star »

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 14:15:28 »
Also there is a possibility that neither Ken or limits will become kages if they end up fighting each other.
According to the actual system, if you win with low health then you will receive less points. Between the two above it will be a close combat and the winner will most likely have low health therefore he won't get enough points to become Kage even if he is maybe the best player in the whole community.

Now you guys are painting as if other candidates are no match and should not even try or think of fighting these two. While it is true (according to you) that these two are good players, the other candidates should try and give it a shot. Also, if I'm limits, practically why would I only fight Ken if I can safeguard more points fighting other candidates I can surely beat?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 14:17:19 by Phone Star »

Offline Charlie

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 14:18:34 »

Oh this is not a problem. It is for that reason that each player has to do well in every test. The sense of responsibility should prevail. We don't want the "Oh I should not be worried with this shit Theoretical test, I'll do better in the Practical test." Then you won over your opponent in Practical test but have insufficient points. You'll be reminded with the points you could have gathered had you done better in the previous test.

But that's what you have. You can get all 500 points you need to become kage from the practical test, making the other two irrelevant.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 14:28:40 by Phone Star »
  • Character Name: BDU Kirishima

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun