Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 77026
Total Topics: 22541
Most Online Today: 1182
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1051
Total: 1065
Vikitpy
Julicae
Google (12)

Author Topic: kekkei genkai system  (Read 5017 times)

Offline strive

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • strive has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
kekkei genkai system
« on: January 01, 2015, 01:29:29 »
I think its fair that random people get the kekkei genkais and all but there are plenty of better systems for it. I think it would be awesome to allow players to unlock them by doing completely optional and difficult story arches. Once unlocked said player can make a new character with the kekkei genkai. It doesn't just have to be pve story arches either. It can be through pvp tournaments and some really unique ones can be limited time events. It will make earning the kekkei genkai feel more rewarding and less like you just lucked up.

• Character Name: strive

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
Re: kekkei genkai system
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:47:52 »
Kekkei Genkai in naruto aren't obtained by doing a difficult story mission-set. There it's all determined by blood and that's how it will be here.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:56:20 »
Kekkei Genkai in naruto aren't obtained by doing a difficult story mission-set. There it's all determined by blood and that's how it will be here.

^^ This is supposed to be like Naruto and be as realistic as possible, it doesn't happen in Naruto and it wouldn't be realistic to allow players to do this.

Also, as America said yesterday, i'm sure some guy will find a way to make these story arches easier, and he will make a guide about it, then everyone will be running around with a kekkei genkai.

Offline strive

• Academy Student Poster
  • strive has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 11:35:52 »
K but i just think leaving it to random luck isn't really engaging. Also having a player have to start from scratch with a new character will make some people hold off on having a kekkei genkai. And it doesn't have to be story arches. It could be pvp tournaments. Can't really make a guide to give you the auto win in pvp. You are looking for a spot on replica of naruto I understand  but look at it from the player perspective. Only a few might luck up and get a kekkei genkai and the only way for you to get it is to join their clan? It would make the entire game revolve around those players that just got lucky and really did nothing for it. I am fine with it being random but at least make a prerequisite for it. Thank about it or not just trying to open some room for more options here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:38:01 by strive »
  • Character Name: strive

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:45:11 »
K but i just think leaving it to random luck isn't really engaging. Also having a player have to start from scratch with a new character will make some people hold off on having a kekkei genkai. And it doesn't have to be story arches. It could be pvp tournaments. Can't really make a guide to give you the auto win in pvp. You are looking for a spot on replica of naruto I understand  but look at it from the player perspective. Only a few might luck up and get a kekkei genkai and the only way for you to get it is to join their clan? It would make the entire game revolve around those players that just got lucky and really did nothing for it. I am fine with it being random but at least make a prerequisite for it. Thank about it or not just trying to open some room for more options here.
It is a good idea, but I think this game is going to be as close to the Naruto universe as possible and I'm afraid kekkei genkai is random luck to get.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 12:20:28 »
Don't get us wrong, it's not like we don't want to be able to get a KG on a different way then luck, it's just that it simply isn't realistic enough.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 13:23:48 »
Not everyone in Naruto who got a kg is a genius shinobi, they did nothing to obtain their abilities and they still have them. On the other hand, you want some written stories to give you abilities in game? because this is what I understood from your post, but maybe I got it wrong and I apologize if so.

"And it doesn't have to be story arches. It could be pvp tournaments."
Anyway, not everybody who got a kekkei genkai in Naruto does really deserve it, so in my opinion it should be this way in this game aswell.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 16:52:30 »
Konohuro summed it up perfectly :P
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 21:51:43 »
Kekei genkais are only blood related. In naruto, its not like if you finish a hard mission you get a kekei genkai, so it should not be that way in the game. At least thats how i believe it
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 00:11:30 »
I believe this roots from everyone finally realizing how low their chances are at getting a Kekkei Genkai so they want a way to achieve it other than luck
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Shadow1759

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Shadow1759 has no influence.
  • Greed of the Yugure council, who explodes a lot.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: All About That Clanless Life
  • Organization:
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 01:35:20 »
I don't see why it's such a big deal for the Kekkei Genkais to be more obtainable. I agree with the people above, the "born with it" chance is more realistic than killing a monster/defeating a player and magically being reborn with a KKG. Here's the thing: you are blowing KGs out of proportion. They aren't going to be godly abilities. Most of them will probably just be one Jutsu or something like that. Getting a KG will not make the game revolve around you. You just have something other players do not, that's all. Sure the chakra mixes would give you an advantage, you would think. But not really. It's not like the chakra mixes are 400000x stronger than the normal release elements. An Ice Release Jutsu would probably be on the same level as a Lightning Jutsu, Fire, etc etc.

Now, this is all speculation, but especially with the game being f2p and no doubt countless amounts of people joining, I doubt Vreg would make the KGs too terribly unbalanced. Besides, even if you don't get it at birth, you can always get it from another character who has it. So basically: BEFRIEND EVERY LAST PERSON YOU MEET AND LOVE THEM TO MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT KKG.
  • Character Name: Sanashi Shimokaze

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 02:23:59 »
I don't see why it's such a big deal for the Kekkei Genkais to be more obtainable. I agree with the people above, the "born with it" chance is more realistic than killing a monster/defeating a player and magically being reborn with a KKG. Here's the thing: you are blowing KGs out of proportion. They aren't going to be godly abilities. Most of them will probably just be one Jutsu or something like that. Getting a KG will not make the game revolve around you. You just have something other players do not, that's all. Sure the chakra mixes would give you an advantage, you would think. But not really. It's not like the chakra mixes are 400000x stronger than the normal release elements. An Ice Release Jutsu would probably be on the same level as a Lightning Jutsu, Fire, etc etc.

Now, this is all speculation, but especially with the game being f2p and no doubt countless amounts of people joining, I doubt Vreg would make the KGs too terribly unbalanced. Besides, even if you don't get it at birth, you can always get it from another character who has it. So basically: BEFRIEND EVERY LAST PERSON YOU MEET AND LOVE THEM TO MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT KKG.
Well some of the kekei genkai are actually stronger, such a blast release can explode on impact and some others, so they are kind of special.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Shirihata

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Shirihata has no influence.
  • Shirihata is my name ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 04:27:11 »
As much as I would like to easily get a KG (or not easily because im probably gonna be bad at this game) I agree it should stay blood related because that's just realistic to the Naruto universe.
  • Character Name: Shirihata
So I guess this is my signature so I'd better make it nice.

Wow. I have pretty neat handwriting.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent