Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64440
Latest: where to buy prednisone o
New This Month: 309
New This Week: 70
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76487
Total Topics: 22105
Most Online Today: 2010
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1308
Total: 1320

Author Topic: How to explain being a adult but week at character creation.  (Read 2498 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

So This has bin bugging me since i read that you will start as a adult!!

The only thing i can think of is after you pick your village an nature you walk up in that village's hospital with amnesia after being in a coma from a mission you were on. This has several benefits.

1 From the start your engrossed with the story as physical therapy(i.e tutorial) is integrated into the character creation.

2 Amnesia- explains your Low Spirit energy- things like intelligence, imagination, charisma and chakra control.

3 the coma- explains your Low Physical energy- things like strength, stamina and dexterity would all be atrophied.

4 this lets you chose a clan-(last name) since the amnesia would make you forget your linage. once you chose the clan  any
   shared kkg,Clan related Jutsu,and  clan history could be filled in for your character. amnesia explains why till this point you
   didn't know any of them.

5. this is just an idea!! But this would also allow for a character reset when someone "kills" you in a Kill Zone.At this pont you can choose to walk up with the same charicter name atribute and village or make a hole new charicter. you still wake up week as you have been in a coma because you were injured to the point of near death. and your injuries caused amnesia.

Any other ideas??
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:41:16 by cmsurfer »

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
Re: How to explain being a adult but week at character creation.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 08:21:31 »
Its not needed. A weakness of other games is that they assume the player needs a backstory fed to them. We will be making our own legacies in SLO. Perhaps you just graduated as an adult or whatever. Maybe you woke up with amnesia.

If you use this story, for *everyone* NO ONE will actually belong in a clan. They will ALL be random brain damaged people who chose the same name.

These things are not going to affect the actual gameplay, so I dont think we need npcs pulling a Wheatly. When it comes to clans, I still prefer having to invite the player as a member of the clan, or you will get a bunch of derpy people ruining whatever reputation you had after you become the cool clan to join.

In case you forgot, SLO will not use levels like other mmos. The weakness at creation does not mean much, if you consider training and using stamina and chakra will slowly increase the values, I dont know if a method to get higher damage on jutsu is planned tho.

If not, then you are not weak, you are just early on your ninja career.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:31:35 by lollernoob9 »
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:31:41 »
Actually, you will look like an adult in game because this is how mechanics works but in fact you will have the age that you choose to have, when you create your character, here, on forum.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:34:43 »
Its not needed. A weakness of other games is that they assume the player needs a backstory fed to them. We will be making our own legacies in SLO. Perhaps you just graduated as an adult or whatever. Maybe you woke up with amnesia.

If you use this story, for *everyone* NO ONE will actually belong in a clan. They will ALL be random brain damaged people who chose the same name.

These things are not going to affect the actual gameplay, so I dont think we need npcs pulling a Wheatly. When it comes to clans, I still prefer having to invite the player as a member of the clan, or you will get a bunch of derpy people ruining whatever reputation you had after you become the cool clan to join.

In case you forgot, SLO will not use levels like other mmos. The weakness at creation does not mean much, if you consider training and using stamina and chakra will slowly increase the values, I dont know if a method to get higher damage on jutsu is planned tho.

If not, then you are not weak, you are just early on your ninja career.
Pretty much what loller said.

Fake backstories are fake, if you haven't experienced them in-game then they haven't happened. Consider your real life your backstory and future SLO the start of your shinobi career.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 22:42:34 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 16:45:19 »
I GET IT!! I know no levels are in this game so you wont be able to tell just by looking at someone how strong they are... Because of this I thought it would be a bit odd if a new player tried to fight someone that  they thought was new too, but actually was a advanced roage that left as a genin or some player that never took the chunin exams for some reason. TO the new player they may wonder why they were so weak at character creation compared to the other genin

This may be frustrating with no explanation but I like the idea of my life before SLO as the backstory....

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 17:16:37 by cmsurfer »

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 22:50:45 »
I GET IT!! I know no levels are in this game so you wont be able to tell just by looking at someone how strong they are... Because of this I thought it would be a bit odd if a new player tried to fight someone that  they thought was new too, but actually was a advanced roage that left as a genin or some player that never took the chunin exams for some reason. TO the new player they may wonder why they were so weak at character creation compared to the other genin

This may be frustrating with no explanation but I like the idea of my life before SLO as the backstory....

If Naruto's world (not SLO's) is anything close to how it would be in real life, then the vast majority of shinobi (in SLO) would be suitable to their ranks, and your rank equivalents would not be much stronger or weaker than yourself. The real strength of a player will be apparent in their rating, which they can choose to include into or exclude out of their publicly available character information.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 23:33:47 »
Clear enough thanks for the INFO!!!

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 01:08:34 »
no PROBLEM
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode