Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65381
Latest: VanitaWdi
New This Month: 902
New This Week: 354
New Today: 74
Stats
Total Posts: 79662
Total Topics: 23871
Most Online Today: 1864
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1461
Total: 1479
lapeflyuplisp
LeonieWool
FrankJScott
VanitaWdi
JamelBray2
RaymondshemY
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)
Baidu (4)

Author Topic: More ranks  (Read 25940 times)

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: More ranks
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 17:38:47 »
So what would really be the point of elo except for braging rights if the jutsus are based on rank..
It would be like finding a forbidden scroll at chunnin but can't use it cause your not jounin? Keeping in mind you would probably need to be really strong to find forbidden scrolls and that.

nass jutsu is based on ELO rank not chunin or jonin you can be a s-ranked ninja but only a village genin.
Yea that's what I'm trying to say
I think you're still unsure of what ELO is.
This is just an example I'm using from a game I play.

Right, here we can see a player with ~1,600 ELO, he is Silver, or in our case, Chunin.

For him to progress to the next rank, he needs more ELO.
Take this player for example, he has ~2,000 ELO and is in Masters, lets think of that at Jonin.

So in order for someone to go from Chunin to Jonin, they need to gain another 400 ELO and take a Jonin exam to see if they're worthy.
Techniques will be rank bound so that you can't have inexperienced people who have been "kill sniping" getting powerful techniques which they can't handle.
Do you understand?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 17:46:30 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 17:54:47 »
So what would really be the point of elo except for braging rights if the jutsus are based on rank..
It would be like finding a forbidden scroll at chunnin but can't use it cause your not jounin? Keeping in mind you would probably need to be really strong to find forbidden scrolls and that.

nass jutsu is based on ELO rank not chunin or jonin you can be a s-ranked ninja but only a village genin.

Right, here we can see a player with ~1,600 ELO, he is Silver, or in our case, Chunin.

Take this player for example, he has ~2,000 ELO and is in Masters, lets think of that at Jonin.

So in order for someone to go from Chunin to Jonin, they need to gain another 400 ELO and take a Jonin exam to see if they're worthy.
Techniques will be rank bound so that you can't have inexperienced people who have been "kill sniping" getting powerful techniques which they can't handle.
Do you understand?

I think he is trying to say that Rouges would be excluded from getting powerful jutsu like this if they dont have a village to test there skills If this is the case to prevent kill sniping Organizations must also be able to administer tests for chunin an jonin levels for members of there organizations.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 17:57:48 »
Just to add on about ELO:
Spoiler: show
ELO rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in competitor-versus-competitor games.

A player's ELO rating is represented by a number which increases or decreases depending on the outcome of matches between players.
After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one.
The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game.
In a series of games between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more wins.
If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred.
In certain games after reaching a set amount of ELO a player gets the chance to rank up, in SLO this would be the jonin exams.

TL;DR: So basically ELO is a rating system, technically speaking people with a higher amount of ELO should have a higher chance of winning against someone with a low amount of ELO but they won't get as much out of it.

The system is fine, as it will be individual ELO instead of group ELO.
You will get or lose points depending on how much difference was in your ELO and the opponents ELO.

Regarding noob sniping or whatever, there's hardly any way to counter that.
Low level people shouldn't be in dangerous zones to begin with, so it is their fault if they end up dying.

If people go rogue before getting Jonin it's their fault if they can't get better jutsus though.
that's a consequence they'll have to deal with if that system gets implemented.

Edit:
You don't have to be a village nin to get ELO, a rogue ninja can also get ELO by defeating opponents.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 18:01:14 by Nova »

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 17:58:40 »

Do you understand?

I think he is trying to say that Rouges would be excluded from getting powerful jutsu like this if they dont have a village to test there skills If this is the case to prevent kill sniping Organizations must also be able to administer tests for chunin an jonin levels for members of there organizations.
Rogues will also gain ELO like normal ninja and like I've said before, you can have "Jonin level Rogue Ninja". In regards to how they will be promoted and their jutsu system, I can't answer that because I'm not a developer, and I doubt they've thought about it either.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 18:13:13 »
The way I for some reason would work on like a stat/skill based thing.
Like would it make sense just I become jounin and midway I decide to learn a medical jutsu without having like the right stats/skill to be able to use it and vice versa too. If I was chunnin and I had the proficient stats on like intelligence or whatever but I can't learn something unless I rank up.

But Tbh I don't mind which way works as long as it makes sense...to me the ninja rank thing doesn't make sense. Like I would get if your jutsu could only like do so much until you rank up.

Hopefully might point gets through
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 18:37:12 »
The way I for some reason would work on like a stat/skill based thing.
Like would it make sense just I become jounin and midway I decide to learn a medical jutsu without having like the right stats/skill to be able to use it and vice versa too. If I was chunnin and I had the proficient stats on like intelligence or whatever but I can't learn something unless I rank up.

But Tbh I don't mind which way works as long as it makes sense...to me the ninja rank thing doesn't make sense. Like I would get if your jutsu could only like do so much until you rank up.

Hopefully might point gets through
You mentioned changing your role even when you're as far as Jonin rank.
I think there should always be scrolls that teach medical jutsu so you can be any rank and still pick up and master some medical techniques.

Obviously you would be able to rank up as you gain ELO
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 18:45:50 »
There is one more thing About the ELO system that I dont think will work well for this kind of game.

Yes you gain point by beating other players but conversely the other player is supposed to loose point for loosing.
From a realistic point of view IF ELO represents skill -and we are using this to measure the progress of a player-
the Player cant loose progress by losing in a fight.IF you get the elo for chunin and you pass the test if you loose ELO
to the point you no longer have ELO Requisite for chunin you can't be demoted back to genin.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 19:26:48 »
I'm not going to read everything but from what I saw I have two opinions:
yes and each range of values is assigned a rank e-s like this

2200-2399    SANINE rare or even forbidden
2000-2199   Class S
1800-1999   Class A
1600-1799   Class B
1400-1599   Class C
1200-1399   Class D
1000-1199   Class E
Your calculations are so wrong.
Yes, every game can assign their own way of measuring ELO, but to go from starter E rank to D rank in just 200 points is absurd. Look at the way I've done it, mine makes sense.

0-1000 - E Rank
1000-1700 - D Rank
1700 - 2500 - C Rank

No these do not correspond with the ranks I posted earlier.
Elo was a smart guy, trust his range of values:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

2. What you are referring to as "sanine" is in fact written "sannin" and it means "the three legendary ninjas". Thus there can't be more or less sannin than 3. Also, they were just S-Rank. @cmsurfer

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 19:40:14 »

2000-2199   Class S
1800-1999   Class A
1600-1799   Class B
1400-1599   Class C
1200-1399   Class D
1000-1199   Class E
Yes, every game can assign their own way of measuring ELO, but to go from starter E rank to D rank in just 200 points is absurd. Look at the way I've done it, mine makes sense.

0-1000 - E Rank
1000-1700 - D Rank
1700 - 2500 - C Rank

2. What you are referring to as "sanine" is in fact written "sannin" and it means "the three legendary ninjas". Thus there can't be more or less sannin than 3. Also, they were just S-Rank. @cmsurfer
Not Realy.... Both orochimaru and jiraiya used sage jutsu this is why the entire akatsuki organization(all S-rank) did not go after naruto when he was training with him. and Tusnady was basically invincible with her medical ninjutsu. Sage jutsu puts you in a class to your self. This is why i added rare or forbidden to the title.I do think there should be Only 3 Ninja At a time with this level.This will put a target on there back but the tradeoff is that you have bragging rights for being one of the strongest.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 19:49:44 »
There is one more thing About the ELO system that I dont think will work well for this kind of game.

Yes you gain point by beating other players but conversely the other player is supposed to loose point for loosing.
From a realistic point of view IF ELO represents skill -and we are using this to measure the progress of a player-
the Player cant loose progress by losing in a fight.IF you get the elo for chunin and you pass the test if you loose ELO
to the point you no longer have ELO Requisite for chunin you can't be demoted back to genin.
No, you won't be demoted but you'll remain at Chunin 0 ELO, but that's only if you lose EVERY single battle, which is unrealistic unless you're special. You wouldn't even be able to progress if you lose every battle so it's highly unlikely for a Chunin to be losing all the time.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 20:07:15 »

No, you won't be demoted but you'll remain at Chunin 0 ELO, but that's only if you lose EVERY single battle, which is unrealistic unless you're special. You wouldn't even be able to progress if you lose every battle so it's highly unlikely for a Chunin to be losing all the time.

If you lose a battle, there's a chance you will be dead and have to restart
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 20:10:20 »

2000-2199   Class S
1800-1999   Class A
1600-1799   Class B
1400-1599   Class C
1200-1399   Class D
1000-1199   Class E

0-1000 - E Rank
1000-1700 - D Rank
1700 - 2500 - C Rank

Not Realy.... Both orochimaru and jiraiya used sage jutsu this is why the entire akatsuki organization(all S-rank) did not go after naruto when he was training with him. and Tusnady was basically invincible with her medical ninjutsu. Sage jutsu puts you in a class to your self. This is why i added rare or forbidden to the title.I do think there should be Only 3 Ninja At a time with this level.This will put a target on there back but the tradeoff is that you have bragging rights for being one of the strongest.

Sage mode has nothing to do with their ranks. They still were S-rank shinobis (kage material) and they were not more powerful than the other S-Ranks.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 20:18:44 »
Dying a casual death is just fucking stupid. I understand if its a world/country war where you can permanently die, but I think it's just ridiculous to lose your account just because you were defeated in combat.

When you die you should just lose some elo and damage your gear (which means you'll have to spend money to get it repaired to full health).
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Doylo Bushida has no influence.
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hachimitsu
  • Organization: Kuroiakuma
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 20:25:03 »
Dying a casual death is just fucking stupid. I understand if its a world/country war where you can permanently die, but I think it's just ridiculous to lose your account just because you were defeated in combat.

When you die you should just lose some elo and damage your gear (which means you'll have to spend money to get it repaired to full health).
i have to agree with Child...every game has stupid players, and this stupid players, especially with high elo could permanently attacking low elo players and easily killing them...it isnt good for low players tho, so ok, in war its ok, cause players will go to war on their own responsibility...but not in normal game :P or, if mechanism will be adapted to fight between same players elo, so not high elo vs low elo, then it will be ok :P then it will be real challenge and all players will consider if attack someone or not.
  • Character Name: Jeikobu Hachimitsu
ill do everything for SLO!

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Doylo Bushida has no influence.
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hachimitsu
  • Organization: Kuroiakuma