Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65214
Latest: immigrationsolicit1
New This Month: 735
New This Week: 187
New Today: 63
Stats
Total Posts: 79479
Total Topics: 23809
Most Online Today: 1211
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 902
Total: 915
immigrationsolicit1
Eddiehoath
Eddieoveme
JuanitaBoc
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Languages  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Konohuro

Languages
« on: April 05, 2015, 17:16:16 »
I was thinking of implementing different language for each country. There are 3 countries in SLO so there would be 3 different languages. At the beginning no one can understand what the other one says. If you are near a foreigner and he starts saying something, you will see only: "*********".

Also, there would be very rare books that teach you foreign languages. And let's say that if you find and read one book of that kind you will start understanding parts of that foreign language. However the books will have a certain level so that if you find a book of lvl 2 you won't be able to read it unless you have read a book of lvl 1.

Depending on what lvl was the last book that you read you will be able to understand 10% of a sentence, 20%, 30% and so on.

If this will be accepted, I think that a person who can speak a foreign language should be rare, like 1/10 person.

But a person who can hear and understand a foreign language should be able to speak in that language too, right?
In this case, the person who knows another language will be able to choose in the chatbox the language that he wants to speak in. Also, if that person knows like 50% than 50% of the sentence that he writes will be shown to the others.

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Re: Languages
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 13:31:50 »
I don't think this is a bad idea actually. You'd only have to learn the language if it was necessary for your missions. You could also have to train your language in order to understand people from other countires
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 18:34:41 »
+ Support
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline LordKawaii

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • LordKawaii has no influence.
  • Pestilence- Head of The White Horse Branch
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:34:24 »
I think as well as finding books that can teach you the language, maybe you could find someone that knows both your and that language, therefore they can teach you, or if you spend extended amounts of time in that specific country, perhaps you could learn by immersion? However learning by immersion would take a very VERY long time.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:14:54 by LordKawaii »
  • Character Name: Byoki Mokushiroku
“For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.”

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 13:34:25 »
I think as well as finding books that can teach you the language, maybe you could find someone that knows both your and that language, therefore they can teach you, or if you spend extended amounts of time in that specific country, perhaps you could learn by immersion? However learning by immersion would take a very VERY long time,

Good idea. I think it's hard to be implemented.