Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64470
Latest: Interfaceqfn
New This Month: 339
New This Week: 15
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76961
Total Topics: 22477
Most Online Today: 919
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 894
Total: 906

Author Topic: Dying in SLO  (Read 8935 times)

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

Dying in SLO
« on: June 30, 2015, 11:09:12 »
I was reading the SLO FAQ Thread posted by @Cedie

What happens when i die in SLO?
Dying basically brings you back to character creation. That is about as hardcore as it gets. But you will not die easily. Unlike in most games, once defeated by someone in a hostile fight, the person will get the choice to kill you or let you live. If you live, you'll wake up in a hospital in a nearby village. However, if this person is evil at heart, and decides to let you suffer even after having defeated you, then he can. We will make sure evil people can be evil if they truly are evil. That will make killing them more fun.

Before a dead body disappears, will other players be able to interact with said body?
They will be able to inspect the dead body, and being able to drag bodies will most likely be implemented into SLO.

Will players be able to loot and/or pickpocket the bodies (both dead and alive) of other players?
Yes, players will be able to loot defeated/dead bodies. End goal is to allow pick-pocketing on live, conscious players, but this runs the risk of being caught.

So the point of this thread is that as @Cedie  said that the winner has to decide whether he wants to kill the person (by killing i mean that giving the person a mortal blow) or leave him in dust. Also after his death other people can interact and loot him. Can it be that we have a time of at-most 5 minutes in which a person can take him to the hospital. This way it wont be that easy to kill a person and people will get the idea of moving in groups in the death zones and will look for making more friends that give them help in time of need which will ultimately result in more alliances.
For me i definitely don't want to be killed and lose all of my progress in the game. Its way too harsh to let all the progress slide away and start a new life.
What do you guyz think and please leave comments!
(p.s: im sorry if i couldn't make it clear enough)

Offline Konohuro

Re: Dying in SLO
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 11:14:53 »
I am pretty sure Vreg won't like it. If this happens, it won't be realistic. In real life you don't tell your murderer, right before he gives you the final blow "Wait a second, I want to call someone.". Not to mention that if you are about to be dead you won't be able to: move around, go get your friends, return to the previous place and continue.

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:16:31 »
I am pretty sure Vreg won't like it. If this happens, it won't be realistic. In real life you don't tell your murderer, right before he gives you the final blow "Wait a second, I want to call someone.". Not to mention that if you are about to be dead you won't be able to: move around, go get your friends, return to the previous place and continue.
Thats why i wrote this: -
"This way it wont be that easy to kill a person and people will get the idea of moving in groups in the death zones and will look for making more friends that give them help in time of need which will ultimately result in more alliances."

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:24:02 »
I dunno man, if i had a really hard fight wasted how many shurikens/kunai's etc. and barely came out on top and 3 mins later i saw his friends coming over to kill me, that would be pretty unfair honestly.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 11:39:57 »
I dunno man, if i had a really hard fight wasted how many shurikens/kunai's etc. and barely came out on top and 3 mins later i saw his friends coming over to kill me, that would be pretty unfair honestly.
omg you dont understand
i shouldve made it a little more clear
as we know that there will be rogue ninjas in the dead-zones which will kill people, there are some thieves that loot them and some guyz that inspect the body.........cant there be good guyz or friends to the person in need that can take him to the hospital
there will be five minutes for him to take his friend to the hospital........if the good guy is late then the person really dies
this will make the game stay realistic
@limits
the person trying to save you will have to carry you all the way to the hospital, he doesnt has time to go after you.......if he succeeds in saving you then you yourself can go have a rematch the person who tried to kill you
also the ninja world is all about revenges, if your friend gets killed and you dont go have revenge then you are not a ninja (which ultimately makes it even more realistic)

EDIT:
Death-zone: - The place between the hidden vilages
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:44:47 by Uzumaki Hari »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 11:43:26 »
Paradox: 1) You are traveling in groups just so you don't fight alone. 2) Because you are traveling in groups 1vs1 won't happen, so why would you travel in groups. And again 1) and 2) and 1) and 2)...

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:45:20 »
omg you dont understand
i shouldve made it a little more clear
as we know that there will be rogue ninjas in the dead-zones which will kill people, there are some thieves that loot them and some guyz that inspect the body.........cant there be good guyz or friends to the person in need that can take him to the hospital
there will be five minutes for him to take his friend to the hospital........if the good guy is late then the person really dies
this will make the game stay realistic
@limits
the person trying to save you will have to carry you all the way to the hospital, he doesnt has time to go after you.......if he succeeds in saving you then you yourself can go have a rematch the person who tried to kill you
also the ninja world is all about revenges, if your friend gets killed and you dont go have revenge then you are not a ninja (which ultimately makes it even more realistic)

You are not thinking logically. The enemy won't stay and watch how his friends are saving his pray. But before that, why would the group watch his friend almost dying against only one person when they can all engage and kill the enemy/enemies.

PS: Sorry for double post, but I had to quote.

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 11:51:16 »
You are not thinking logically. The enemy won't stay and watch how his friends are saving his pray. But before that, why would the group watch his friend almost dying against only one person when they can all engage and kill the enemy/enemies.

PS: Sorry for double post, but I had to quote.
@Konohuro
if the enemy literally defeated the said person's team and another allied team passes by.......they dont know who defeated them but want to save their lives
they can carry them to the nearby hospital in five minutes of their defeat

if only i was regular at english :(

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:56 »
So what you are saying is that even after the enemy killed you you may have a chance if someone finds you and carry you to the hospital?

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 11:54:01 »
So what you are saying is that even after the enemy killed you you may have a chance if someone finds you and carry you to the hospital?
not killed but dealt a mortal blow........exactly

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 12:17:25 »
not killed but dealt a mortal blow........exactly

Soooo , you can't kill someone , just deal a mortal blow?
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 12:23:13 »
if you put a knife in someones heart then he still has a couple of seconds
if you go for the stomach then there is a little more time

you can have a meter to check the damage of the blow.....if the damage is too much you just sit besides him and cry
and if it isnt you take the person to the hospital
saving his character and him from loosing all his progress

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 12:29:15 »
if you put a knife in someones heart then he still has a couple of seconds
if you go for the stomach then there is a little more time

you can have a meter to check the damage of the blow.....if the damage is too much you just sit besides him and cry
and if it isnt you take the person to the hospital
saving his character and him from loosing all his progress
Just reiterating "couple of seconds" and not minutes

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 12:37:49 »
Just reiterating "couple of seconds" and not minutes

omg just kill this topic.....if this makes you guyz happier then kill it
it was foolishness of me to have created it

in this thread i gave a little suggestion and you guyz had to enhance it
but you guyz live to just do critic

for your kind information @limits i remember that i was saying that the damage can take a couple of seconds to minutes
the reason why i used "at-most 5 minutes" in my very first post
means im not retreating, i am, where i started and you guyz on the other hand do not want to listen to a word that i have to say

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 13:10:14 »
what are you on about Hari no ones trying to kill this topic, we are just giving our opinions as you give yours, sorry everyone has their different opinions but thats the way the world works.