Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64488
Latest: agrohimzgf
New This Month: 15
New This Week: 33
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 77316
Total Topics: 22815
Most Online Today: 1663
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 925
Total: 934
agrohimzgf
Victorjfo
Google (7)

Author Topic: Leveling/Reward concept idea  (Read 9270 times)

Offline KidJust1ce

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KidJust1ce has no influence.
  • For the Leaf!!
    • View Profile
Leveling/Reward concept idea
« on: September 01, 2014, 22:17:50 »
So after looking over the forum against the leveling system for this game. I do agree with the notion of people who do attain advanced ranks in combat on servers, simply by spending huge amounts of time farming or botting it doesn't give new player a very welcoming feel.

How'ever if you look at the most thriving video game franchise in the industry is comfortable controls making for easy and efficient game play. The leveling systems and the rewards and satisfaction of attaining the max rank or making it to a certain league.

I propose that we as a community find a good way to reward the player in a way that won't effect combat completely. Such as Titles like " <player> "Hero of the Leaf" or <player> "Uchiha Clan Vanguard"

Another thing you could use as a rewarding system is climbing through the ranks of the ninja in the land of fire right from the academy to sanin.

Also offering RYO as a currency for things like new outfits, character skins, titles, different summoning jutsus

My main influence of this rather scatter-brained post is that the biggest games in the world offer players a sense of achievement for their gameplay, for example Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Halo

we need to have a leveling system it's so crucial for MMO's but still keeping the unique idea of that levels will not effect combat

what does everyone think?

• Character Name: RumblePak

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling/Reward concept idea
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:21:07 »
this is how i suggested the leveling system to be

http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,755.0.html

bc you have to know a naruto mmo would have to be completely different from WoW, COD ( this game is a bad example hue )  or Halo. but maybe something more like Age of Wushu in a way. but ofc theres gonna be titles or so one would think. bc whats more fun then bragging.

Ryo will ofc be the currency so have fun tryna be the richest player, bc thats something to brag about hue. Also, yes there will be trading i assume since this is a mmo.

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 14:20:26 »
August's idea of leveling is the one that should be used for the game in my opinion. It covers every aspect so far and it makes sense
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 15:30:18 »
I have a feeling this guy is going to be demoralized when he finds out that there is no Leaf Village and no Uchiha clan.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 17:29:16 »
Or the fact that there's no level system
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 00:02:43 »
Alright kiddos: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,755.0.html

AugustRed's post, read it.

August put many amazing ideas in the thread, and I agree 100% with them.

There should not be an overall level like practically every other MMORPG, rather a leveling system where you level your skills and Jutsu's (Like what is going to be in the game).
The idea where you need to use Jutsu's to make them more powerful (3 levels) has already been accepted, and so should the strength, chakra, etc.
HOWEVER, a leveling system that shows you an OVERALL LEVEL, like in Runescape, World of Warcraft, Maplestory, Rift, etc. in my opinion needs to be taken out ALONG WITH HEALTH BONUSES.

Allow me to explain before you complain (Rhymes OP)--

As stated in the great anime of Sword Art Online, episode 4 The Black Swordsman, Kirito states,
"High enough numbers will give you a ridiculous advantage... That's what makes MMOs that use a level system so unfair."

The point of this game is to follow closely to the Naruto universe, while being realistic. In Naruto you have people like Sasuke and Naruto who are strong, then you have people like Akamaru who are no where near their level. Why is that? Because Naruto and Sasuke trained and aimed to be as powerful as possible. I do realize the game is an MMO, and leveling should be apart of the game, but every player should start at a certain amount, and that amount should only be raised by a little, not 2151512353124124 thousand.

TL;DR - "High enough numbers will give you a ridiculous advantage... That's what makes MMOs that use a level system so unfair." - Use a leveling system for Jutsu's and such, but not an overall leveling system- /Make every players health start the same and raise little as they grow stronger, don't make a player impossible to be killed by new comers because of their health, make it because of skill. LOOK AT CSS AND CSGO, EVERY PLAYER HAS 100 HP!
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 00:16:24 »
I like overall level, it shows you who to fight or who to not fight, otherwise noobs will always be bothering.
  • Character Name: rayzote