Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64469
Latest: synthroid brand 88 mcg
New This Month: 338
New This Week: 14
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 76872
Total Topics: 22409
Most Online Today: 1299
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1163
Total: 1181
Vikirpx
Victorjfo
Bogdannbw
Google (AdSense)
Google (13)
Baidu

Author Topic: [S] On how this game could play out  (Read 11013 times)

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
[S] On how this game could play out
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:39:38 »
> INB4 its too long, im not reading that
( its really late where im at and im tired so bare with me, also remember, its just a suggestion ) Care free to contribute btw  :D

Okay so i was playing this interesting naruto based game with bad graphics an such, mostly bc it wasnt 3D but it made me think how this game might fun out, in a good why ofc. Okay so in this game there is only 3 villages ( in Shinobi Life Online or "SLO" there will be 11). These 3 villages are suna, Oto and konoha. Each village has its own kage like SLO will have ofc. SO this intrigued me, so bare with me, "What If" instead of voting for the kage all the time, what if sometimes the people that want to be kage ( including the kage himself) square of in a bracket tournament. That way the whole voting thing isnt biased, but more far and it would be great to know that the hokage would be strong enough to defend the village ( just thought i saw a bug on my sceen hue, im tweaking).

• Heres another idea, which i got from the game, but this is about gaining experience. In the 2d game there is leveling up but thats for unlocking clan jutsu basically. what you're really leveling up it you skills. In the 2D the skills are [ Strength, Intelligence, Chakra control, speed, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and i think theres 1 more ( not genjutsu bc theres no genjutsu or elemental natures in the game but wind) ] So to train those skills, each requires you to do something different.Strength, Taijutsu and Speed improves your melee capabilities, while Ninjutsu, Intelligence and Handseals increase your jutsu capabilities. Stamina is vital to stay alive for any build.

• For Speed you have to wear weights while running which heavily slows you down, but as your speed increases you become faster with them on and once you take them off you become a speed demon while also increasing you dodge rate and such. I feel that would be really cool to implement into the game as a way to increase speed. also critical strike rate, cooldown reduction. You also learn various jutsus from raising speed.

• To increase your Chakra control in the 2d game you need to hold down the [ J ] but which is to easy at first which ill explain later but maybe for SLO we could press the handsign hotkeys which would level up our jutsu that what has well as successfully doing a justu. Ingame What chakra control could do is increase the success rate of doing or activating a jutsu which would be something genjutsu users would have to be highly skilled in among others. also high chakra control would give shinobi that option of using justu with one hand.

• To increase Strength is like that same with speed except you have to be on rock lee's level and consume your time into attacking dummies all day long but you have to have the arm weights on. Increase in strength would ofc increase your attack power or maybe your critical power as well making you a deadly taijutsu master.

• To Increase you intelligence in the 2D game you have to mediate, maybe in SLO, not only could you do that, but another way to increase your meditation is to read books or something. Highly affect chakra pool, chakra regeneration, chakra control and has various other effects

• Okay to increase you Ninjutsu, you would have to get into the mediating position and molding your chakra on land or water and by doing so, your ninjutsu increases. High Ninjutsu would mean a ninjutsu cooldown reduction and highly affect ninjutsu power and critical dmg.

Stamina increase by mediating under a water fall. Stamina Highly affect health, energy regeneration and health regeneration

• Increasing Taijutsu would be the same as increase strength but you dont have to wear the weights if you dont want to. Taijutsu would affect your melee jutsu cooldown reduction, attack speed, dodge, accuracy and attack power

•• You might be thinking "Oh tht sounds easy" but the thing is, it would be more of a grinding type of thing bc whats a game without grinding. As you gain experience for speed for example, it becomes a lot harder to increase the other stats because not only for the exp requirements increase for speed, but it also increases for the others as well making it more difficult to level up not just 1 but other skills as well.

Those could be some ideas to train other than whatever Vreg and however else has in store for us.

• In the 2D game there was a good or decent balance between the clans/ bloodlines ( i know about the 0.02% ) If someone does happen to get a bloodline and more people will, there should be sort of a balance between said bloodlines each special in their own way of course.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 18:55:14 by AugustRed »

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
Re: [S] On how this game could play out
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:12:03 »
I actually like all of these suggestions, I mean come on, everyone likes a good grind lol. Hope they add this stuff, as I would definitely use it.
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 18:55:32 »
Edited

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 22:52:47 »
I agree with everything in this.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 23:23:39 »
Also the thing above seem very realistic and since vreg wants it to take a long time to rank up an such then just apply a good nerf on how much experience you gain.... also there should be a button that allow you to regain chakra so dont forget that

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 23:39:42 »
I agree with al but the first, as being a hokage is not all about strength. If that were the case, orochimaru would have become hokage-being hokage requires good judgement and support of the people, as well as strength. What if there was an extremely good player who is just an asshole, and when he is put in, attacks all the other villages-the people would be unable to know that if he got elected through combat. I think the kages who are elected should be the ones who use their power to help the public (missions, training) and therefore gain support, much like modern day politicians. Im not saying the combat shouldn't be included, perhaps it could be part of the election process, but not the sole reason.
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 00:08:18 »
I agree with al but the first, as being a hokage is not all about strength. If that were the case, orochimaru would have become hokage-being hokage requires good judgement and support of the people, as well as strength. What if there was an extremely good player who is just an asshole, and when he is put in, attacks all the other villages-the people would be unable to know that if he got elected through combat. I think the kages who are elected should be the ones who use their power to help the public (missions, training) and therefore gain support, much like modern day politicians. Im not saying the combat shouldn't be included, perhaps it could be part of the election process, but not the sole reason.
i agree but you dont want a weak popular kage as well so their could be a balance, maybe the ones with the most votes battle it out

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 20:32:18 »
Yes my friend and I were talking about the election thing. Let's say both him and I were in competition for the spot of Kage and it's close, we're both strong, wise, etc. best of the best and stuff...then some popular youtube guy comes on and most of his subscribers also play the game, spawn in that village and all vote for him or something to that effect. The election thing makes the most popular the kage. I think that there should rather be trials, first a tournament, then some mental trials. So that you may have a strong and wise shinobi for a kage.
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 20:41:27 »
Yes my friend and I were talking about the election thing. Let's say both him and I were in competition for the spot of Kage and it's close, we're both strong, wise, etc. best of the best and stuff...then some popular youtube guy comes on and most of his subscribers also play the game, spawn in that village and all vote for him or something to that effect. The election thing makes the most popular the kage. I think that there should rather be trials, first a tournament, then some mental trials. So that you may have a strong and wise shinobi for a kage.
I think the election for the kages is very realistic. If you think about it, if people elect a person who isn't fit as a Kage the village will have to suffer. That can happen in Naruto as well, for example Danzo.
And truth be said, either way, the first criterias will be fame and power not wisdom.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 00:22:01 »
yea but popularity then tourny if anything