Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 71189
Latest: Gichardepili
New This Month: 4436
New This Week: 1504
New Today: 167
Stats
Total Posts: 82084
Total Topics: 25184
Most Online Today: 1306
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1312
Total: 1321

Author Topic: SLO VR user v.s SLO keyboard user  (Read 5289 times)

Offline GhostParadise

• VR Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • GhostParadise has no influence.
  • "Never underestimate the one who rivals you"
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
SLO VR user v.s SLO keyboard user
« on: May 06, 2015, 23:31:08 »
personal i will be using VR with full body tracking but i wonder how a keyboard user vs a VR user will pan out to be honestly i think VR will overcome the regular Keyboard because you have unlimited moment plus its easy to block and doge jutsu but they keyboard user will have fast reflexes with the keyboard layout so its easy for them to use jutsu like for say chidori H-O-I on the keyboard vs actuly having to do the handsigns in real life

so what do you guys think would win (remember character stats mean everything) ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 23:38:51 by SharinganUchihaAvenger »

• Character Name: Katsuo

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
Re: SLO Chunin Exams
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 23:37:07 »
I think that VR players will have a severe disadvantage, definitely as you get further into the game. To start with, it will be more simple jutsus and movements, and thus there will be more of a level playing field, however as and when you get more complicated jutsus, you are screwed. As Vreg said, the ease of play will go 3rd Person, then 1st Person, then VR 1st Person. The VR experience would most definitely be an amazing experience, especially with all of the immersion that comes with it, however unless VR players get some sort of jutsu shortcut (or something along those lines), or VR players get extra buffs and slightly increased speed, play could get hard for them.

Just my two cents, would be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks :)

Offline GhostParadise

• VR Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SLO VR user v.s SLO keyboard user
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 23:43:23 »
@jcryer  that right there i understand people inducing me will level up there stats so then they could switch to VR, VR is more complex ect ect ect...you get the point you fist will level you character stats up so then you could switch to VR i think thats the most important thing.  8)  :)

Offline Shintrixx

• Genin Poster
  • Shintrixx has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: SLO Chunin Exams
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 23:45:32 »
Well i think the vr and full body will win, because with this you will train your reflexes more than with the keyboard.
  • Character Name: Ryoichi Yagami

Offline GhostParadise

• VR Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 00:36:10 »
@Shintrixx  :::idk but in VR you'll get worn out but at the same time your training your actual body so in real life you will get stronger as your character does so that will really add to the immersion into the SLO Universe XD

You will have a lot of fit gamers and buff that is 8)  :o

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 14:41:40 »
I think the keyboard SLO is better for begginers.
But the VR SLO is far better for players who really want to get into it , most likely it will be hard doing the justus with handseals in the beggining but they'll get better and VR SLO will probably have some shortcuts for more complex jutsus.
But it would be fcking awesome if you do the handseals and then you see chidori in your hand , much much better than in PC.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 15:11:13 »
I think the keyboard SLO is better for begginers.
But the VR SLO is far better for players who really want to get into it , most likely it will be hard doing the justus with handseals in the beggining but they'll get better and VR SLO will probably have some shortcuts for more complex jutsus.
But it would be fcking awesome if you do the handseals and then you see chidori in your hand , much much better than in PC.

Is not about which would be better for player to play with, is about the advantages and disadvantages in a fight between a VR user and a keyboard user.

However, if this project will see the light, I don't think you should expect the vr version in the upcoming years.

Offline GhostParadise

• VR Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 17:47:43 »
@Konohuro  XD you do realize VR is coming to SLO very soon vreg is working on VR with the Rift DK2 the perception neuron already started its mass shipping To the USA so it will be here to SLO soon
also i would do more research if you want to make a bold statement like   ( I don't think you should expect the vr version in the upcoming years.) you haven't even done research so how would you know

vreg already bought the DK2 and is working on a prototype SLO VR as stated in the chat 2 days ago

just do more Research before you comment ok.....and im not trying to make you mad or put you down but i hate it when people don't do research and then they comment they know nothing about....so sorry if i offended you  :)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 18:03:23 »
Vr users should get increased health, stamina and chakra.
On top of that, training with full body tracking should give you tons more exp than tapping a few keys on your keyboard.
Doing handsigns for an hour in real life would be deadly on your hands and tire you out, whereas doing it on a keyboard is easy.

The harder the training is, the more exp you should get.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 19:53:00 »
@Konohuro  XD you do realize VR is coming to SLO very soon vreg is working on VR with the Rift DK2 the perception neuron already started its mass shipping To the USA so it will be here to SLO soon
also i would do more research if you want to make a bold statement like   ( I don't think you should expect the vr version in the upcoming years.) you haven't even done research so how would you know

vreg already bought the DK2 and is working on a prototype SLO VR as stated in the chat 2 days ago

just do more Research before you comment ok.....and im not trying to make you mad or put you down but i hate it when people don't do research and then they comment they know nothing about....so sorry if i offended you  :)

I wasn't talking about when the VR/Rift etc will appear or whatever. I was saying that the game will not launch very soon as the amount of work Vreg and the team has to put in this game is twice. Also, I am sure that the first versions of SLO won't be available for the VR as they will be more focused on fixing the bugs. So why would someone work twice and spend twice the time for launching a shit when he can launch the normal version, and after it reaches an acceptable level of developement, he will convert it for VR, thus making all the things in an order so it helps one another (Idk if I made myself clear in this point, what i am saying is that is much more easier to fix the most of bux while the game is only for pc and then convert the game for VR and get rid of small and almost insignificant problems for the VR version). If he would launch the PC version a the sam time with the VR it will be a mess, everywhere bugs, for both sides and it will take more time to fix all of them. Things need to have a prioritization, this is how it works everywhere, otherwise it will result in a chaos and eventually in an failure.
I was not making a bold statement or whatever. I know you are excited about this game, maybe more than most of us, but you have to think realistically and logically.

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 03:11:16 »
I agree VR sounds like something that should be implemented in a few years...
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 12:04:38 »
Actually VRM (Virtual Reality Mode) will be here in a few months at most, the first prototypes of it at least together with FPM (First Person Mode).
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 12:11:57 »
But @Vreg shouldn't you focus on DM at the moment. Just a thought
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 12:15:44 »
But @Vreg shouldn't you focus on DM at the moment. Just a thought
VRM and FPM are not a lot of work to implement, meaning that they do not take away focus from DM. Having support for VR might actually benefit SLO in terms of community growth now that the Oculus Rift has been announced to be released in Q1 2016. If by any chance DM is complete by then with VR support, we could potentially attract VR users around the world.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 12:26:25 »
@Vreg ahhh i get it cool :)