Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 68808
Latest: Angela8665
New This Month: 2054
New This Week: 732
New Today: 354
Stats
Total Posts: 81287
Total Topics: 24869
Most Online Today: 806
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 773
Total: 787

Author Topic: Jutsu Helper UI  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Techypanda

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Techypanda has no influence.
  • I iz bst memer 2015
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Triangular
  • Organization: The Triangle
Jutsu Helper UI
« on: September 21, 2015, 14:27:02 »
This Is More For Beginners Then Pros!
So when we all start we have the trouble of forgetting numbers or mixing it up e.g. Instead of Chidori we use Firebreath
I think you should make a Beginner Jutsu Helper UI that disappears if they click the X
Basically it works like this -

The reason I suggest this is that I have seen a few players join the server and stand there for a while trying to figure out about /controls. This would be so much simplier with this UI
Of course it would look alot better, (I couldnt be bothered to make it look good sorry ;-;)

Advantages: Newb Friendly, Helpful, Toggleable, Will work with full vers as it replaces all jutsus listed with ones you know.

• Character Name: Ankoku
Playa of dis gamerino "MLG Runin Simulater 2015irino"

If u want to have fun playin da game ply with Mars, 15 mins of runnin assured C;

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Re: Jutsu Helper UI
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 14:53:10 »
If people are too retarded to type /controls and read, they shouldn't be on the game in the first place.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 15:12:43 »
If people are too retarded to type /controls and read, they shouldn't be on the game in the first place.
+Rep agreed
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 15:32:56 »
+rep such wisdom cant handle it
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 15:50:39 »
lel, Man, it's written in the shoutbox to say /controls and yet, every newb be like "how do I run?" are you fucking kidding me? I remember recently, a Guy was asking for the controls in the game, I was on so I told him to say "/controls" without the "s on the ingame chat, and he replied minutes later saying "hey? anyone? Where can I find the controls?" ._. seriously man? and sorry for the rant, it's just the built up anger, if you catch my drift :P
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 18:57:45 »

However this idea is very good.
1. Everybody is welcomed to play the game, be it stupid or clever. There are many factors that can influence someone's attention turning him into a "retarded". Not to mention that is relatively uncomfortable to read those commands in that narrow chatbox.
2.It will spare someone's time, patience and nerves. (That someone being the one that will help the "retarded" in the forum chatbox)

3.You can't be on the first place if there are no other participants in the contest. You will need this "retarded" people to boost you up, in front of them.

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 21:56:08 »
Lol I don't believe I'm retarted but I still can't remember the number combinations for each jutsu especially if I have to run around and type it at the same time....there's more to be worried about like not dying lol... It would even be much worse with more jutsus added lol but this just me ;)
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Techypanda

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Techypanda has no influence.
  • I iz bst memer 2015
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Triangular
  • Organization: The Triangle
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:56:11 »

However this idea is very good.
1. Everybody is welcomed to play the game, be it stupid or clever. There are many factors that can influence someone's attention turning him into a "retarded". Not to mention that is relatively uncomfortable to read those commands in that narrow chatbox.
2.It will spare someone's time, patience and nerves. (That someone being the one that will help the "retarded" in the forum chatbox)

3.You can't be on the first place if there are no other participants in the contest. You will need this "retarded" people to boost you up, in front of them.
It only makes sense to accomodate everyone... Even the retards o-o, every game has too lol
  • Character Name: Ankoku
Playa of dis gamerino "MLG Runin Simulater 2015irino"

If u want to have fun playin da game ply with Mars, 15 mins of runnin assured C;

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 14:55:25 »
yea, but the game barely has anything to it, so it doesn't need alot of controls which could seen as complicated to new players, which brings me back to my previous point

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 15:42:44 »
yea, but the game barely has anything to it, so it doesn't need alot of controls which could seen as complicated to new players, which brings me back to my previous point
So far....this idea could be used for the official release when more complex jutsus pop up
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 15:57:01 »
yea, it would look really unprofessional in the full game, if you had to still type /controls

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 17:51:01 »
exactly, the full game has probably something like this planned, but rn, the extra effort isn't needed :P.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 16:25:20 »
Controls and commands have been revamped in order to make the experience for new members easier. A very obvious controls menu pops up when you press N now, similarly a commands menu pops up when you press M.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 18:21:15 »
Controls and commands have been revamped in order to make the experience for new members easier. A very obvious controls menu pops up when you press N now, similarly a commands menu pops up when you press M.

What about when you guys get into the alpha/first village. Will you still have these usages of N and M?

~If not, will the jutsu controls be laid out in your "jutsu scroll" system (as in you "read" the scroll, and then it pops up a parchment layer on the screen with the controls and perhaps a picture depicting the jutsu in action)?

~If so, how will that come into play with the jutsu scrolls?

Apologies if that sounds a bit odd, but I felt it needed to be asked.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 19:33:38 »

What about when you guys get into the alpha/first village. Will you still have these usages of N and M?

~If not, will the jutsu controls be laid out in your "jutsu scroll" system (as in you "read" the scroll, and then it pops up a parchment layer on the screen with the controls and perhaps a picture depicting the jutsu in action)?

~If so, how will that come into play with the jutsu scrolls?

Apologies if that sounds a bit odd, but I felt it needed to be asked.
No, that's a good question.

Jutsu scrolls are an MMO thing, for SLO Alpha (previously known as SLO DM) the seals will be contained inside of a jutsu menu that lists all the available jutsu to your character including their seals.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun