Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64716
Latest: pills
New This Month: 237
New This Week: 55
New Today: 16
Stats
Total Posts: 78863
Total Topics: 23696
Most Online Today: 1544
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1306
Total: 1317
qpxmbtrz
Evajub
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Chakra Nature  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Indigo

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Indigo has no influence.
  • IHYPFLMOOSMFT
    • View Profile
Chakra Nature
« on: July 25, 2013, 21:54:02 »
The ability to choose what Chakra Nature you start with (Wind, Fire, Earth, Lightning or Water) and as you develop as a character/grow/'level up' you could have the ability to choose and second Chakra type that then can be combined to make a Kekkei Genkai
e.g
Start with Water then get Earth = Wood Release
Start with Fire then get Earth =  Lava Release

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Chakra Nature
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 22:14:16 »
I had already planned almost exactly what you said. At character creation you choose your primary chakra nature. After a certain level (the one equal to Jonin if you're part of a hidden village), you'll be able to choose a second chakra nature.

However, since we're simulating the Naruto Universe, I can't just give the option for everyone to get a Kekkei Genkai. I will introduce a random system that will select a couple of players and enable Kekkei Genkai for them when they reach that level of a second chakra nature. They won't get much advantage though to keep things fair.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 00:27:00 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Indigo

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • IHYPFLMOOSMFT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 22:20:29 »
Yeah true, so will clan specific Kekkei Genkai like the Sharingan be appearing or is this a completely different 'timeline' if you will where the Uchiha clan doesn't exist?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 22:57:03 »
Yeah true, so will clan specific Kekkei Genkai like the Sharingan be appearing or is this a completely different 'timeline' if you will where the Uchiha clan doesn't exist?
The game will be based in an alternate universe that is exactly the same as the Naruto universe as far as base principles go, only populated by us instead of the Naruto characters. The hidden villages will also have different names, etc. An alternate universe as I said. This means that none of the existing clans will be present. Players could always make a clan and call it the Uchiha clan, and then make that clan famous or infamous based on their actions. Players are born so to speak in one of the hidden villages, not part of any clan. Clan specific Kekkei Genkai only comes from birth, and since the players can't be born into clans, players can't have a clan specific Kekkei Genaki either. So joining a clan at a later time in the character's life obviously does not grant him/her a bloodline limit.

It's also not a different timeline I'm talking about, just a completely alternate universe with a different history. This has many advantages. One of which is that we can have our own story and not be bound to Naruto too much (I can finally let my inner writer come to surface), another advantage is that we are doing it right when it comes to copyrights.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 00:29:06 by Vreg »

Offline Indigo

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • IHYPFLMOOSMFT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 23:12:55 »
The game will be based in an alternate universe that is exactly the same as the Naruto universe as far as base principles go, only populated by us instead of the Naruto characters. The hidden villages will also have different names, etc. An alternate universe as I said. This means that none of the existing clans will be present. Players could always make a clan and call it the Uchiha clan, and then make that clan famous or infamous based on their actions. Players are born so to speak in one of the hidden villages, not part of any clan. Clan specific Kekkei Genkai only comes from birth, and since the players can't be born into clans, players can't have a clan specific Kekkei Genaki either. So joining a clan at a later time in the character's life obviously does not grant him/her a bloodline limit.

It's also not a different timeline I'm talking about, just a completely alternate universe with a different history. This has many advantages. One of which is that we can have our own story and not be bound to Naruto too much (I can finally let my inner writer come to surface), another advantage is that we are doing it right when it comes to copyrights.

Even the creator of all ninjutsu is going to be a player (me), but with a different name and different abilities.

Sounds good, I'd love to write some of the history of the alternate universe, I'm also an avid writer and I've already wrote a six part Naruto (I don't like the phrase 'fan fiction' but I guess that is what it is) set 50 years after Naruto and with a completely original set of characters that I've developed over time.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 00:22:43 »

Even the creator of all ninjutsu is going to be a player (me), but with a different name and different abilities.

Sounds good, I'd love to write some of the history of the alternate universe, I'm also an avid writer and I've already wrote a six part Naruto (I don't like the phrase 'fan fiction' but I guess that is what it is) set 50 years after Naruto and with a completely original set of characters that I've developed over time.
Wow that's impressive, I will make sure to keep you in mind when story writing needs to be done :)

Offline INadefruitz

• Academy Student Poster
  • INadefruitz has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 04:31:18 »
Hey, just made an account on here. Anyway, for the bloodlines, it would be kind of lame if they didn't actually give you a significant advantage. Maybe everyone should be able to obtain a bloodline, but it's extremely difficult. (A long line of quests, or a difficult boss)
That way, they could have a more substantial impact upon the game.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 13:41:28 »
Hey, just made an account on here. Anyway, for the bloodlines, it would be kind of lame if they didn't actually give you a significant advantage. Maybe everyone should be able to obtain a bloodline, but it's extremely difficult. (A long line of quests, or a difficult boss)
That way, they could have a more substantial impact upon the game.
I think when we reach a phase where we already have chakra natures and all kinds of jutsus, then we'll look into bloodlines. Making plans for it right now is just not right.

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 02:15:08 »

you should post it as a topic!! i also made a fan fiction but it wasnt much appreciated x3