Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63878
Latest: Marinamog
New This Month: 3971
New This Week: 33
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 73447
Total Topics: 20412
Most Online Today: 998
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 747
Total: 752
Victornph
Kyliebob
Google (3)

Author Topic: Dev Blog 6 - November 5th 2016  (Read 67453 times)

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Dev Blog 6 - November 5th 2016
« on: November 05, 2016, 20:00:03 »
Dev Blog – November 5th 2016

Hello everyone! Whatasnipe here taking over the Dev Blog for EternalEyes.  Now there's been quite the gap since the last one as I'm sure you're all aware, but the Dev Blog is back and it's here to stay! We've got plenty of interesting things to let you guys in on, but first a quick introduction to clear up the dev blog situation.

Malix: "Hey how’s it going guys? I’m Malix and I’ve been brought on to help out with the blogs as Whatasnipe’s assistant (i.e. slave). As we were both judged in the social media manager competition to have a more or less equal skill level the social media manager responsibilities have been split between us according to our skillset, with some overlap when needed.  I’ll be taking care of the SLO media outlets: Facebook, Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, etc…So look forward to seeing more regular updates there!"

Whatasnipe: For those of you who don't know me, I'm a "5th Gen" of the forum, I've created a couple videos based on SLO and I love me some Naruto. Frequently go by "Whata" or "Snipe" if you prefer. As Malix has stated we've both been taken on as SLO's Social Media Managers. My focus will mostly be around writing the dev blogs along with a few other things where Malix will be assisting me. In turn I'll also act as an assistant to Malix while he works on our Social Media outlets.

We've got plenty of interesting and exciting things to let you guys in on, so let's jump into it, shall we?

Texturing

Matt has finished texturing all of the buildings for the Hidden Hill now, however problems have arisen upon implementation. Due to their nature of creation as slow, intricate buildings using plenty of individual assets, this caused big performance issues. Thus, the team has decided to move to modularity - A much faster, smoother, and better method of creating open worlds for today's standards. The change was set forward by a new member, Adil, who has experience with modularity and texturing, and has shown Matt the ropes. Now, what exactly is modularity? The change to Modularity means that Matt creates different individual parts (walls, floors, etc.) and then applies different textures to them to create a variety of different looking buildings. Think of it like puzzle pieces that can fit together in different ways. This means that not only can we create more diverse villages on a far larger scale, these villages can also be created much quicker than before! It also makes it easier for these buildings to have interiors as well (as seen in the images below). In addition, it opens up the future possibility of player base building, since the player would use the same assets and methods we do to create and decorate to their heart’s content! Of course that doesn't mean our old progress is going to waste. While Matt works on making everything modular, we're going to give you guys a smaller village in a brand new environment that Adil has started working on. You can see the map of this village down in the concept art section!

Modelling/Animation

As for Modelling and Animation, Rafael has been involved in military duty, but we've recruited two new members. Matt L (Animation) and Darren (Modelling). They've been working on an in-game cinematic trailer to be used for promotion upon its completion. It's a very early work-in-progress, but some of the shots that will be used in the final trailer can be found on his channel. This means Darren is working on a new and improved model that will live up to the team's standards and be shown first in the trailer, then in the game. Matt L has also been working on some new animations for SLO in general, which you can also find on his Channel. This means that we are now creating our own animations, rather than simply relying on those from NNK. Which means that we can start tweaking the animation cycles to make sure everything is smooth, detailed, and realistic. Some of the changes we're making to the game's style can be seen in Matt L's latest videos, such as doing away with the impractical Naruto sprint, for something that still looks badass but allows the player to use their hands for jutsu or ninja tools.

Matt L's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoqzCssinriKP08ZG1lPfAA

Concept Art

Since the last Dev Blog, Aaron (EternalEyes) has finished the Hidden Snow environment piece. A harsh, secretive village in the upper-northeast area of the SLO World.
We have also decided to shift SLO's direction, design wise. Taking a step away from Naruto, and moving more toward a classic ninja theme with modern elements. This is both to further avoid copyright, as well as establish our own intellectual property (IP) and allow us the freedom to work outside of the Naruto Universe. This does not mean we're doing away with Naruto completely, and these design changes will not impact gameplay. You can see the kind of design changes we're talking about in this W.I.P Character Costume sketch - a realistic blend of traditional ninja and Japan, mixed together with modern style tactical gear. From this point on, Aaron will be working with Matt on creating the new building look, and with our animator Matt L, and modeler Darren to create key frames and character designs for the upcoming cinematic trailer.

Vreg

As for Vreg, anybody who's played the current version (Pre-Alpha 1.0.1.1) of the game has probably seen quite a few changes since the last dev blog.
These things include:

• Earth Dome
  • Earth Wall
  • Aiming Mode
  • Hidden Hill Arena Implementation
  • Improved Lighting
  • Damage Numbers
  • Trees

And more!

As some of you may have heard, Vreg is getting out of school and looking for a job. This means that SLO's development will be more consistent in the very near future, rather than frequent patches of radio silence due to studies/exams. It's for this reason that there hasn't been too much going on very recently, and at other points in time during development. But fear not ladies and gentleman we're still moving and getting back on track. We just need a little more runway before we can take off.

That concludes our 6th Dev Blog, we'll be back soon so worry not my compatriots! Thank you for having me and allowing me to present this to you! Be sure to keep your eyes on the Shoutbox, our Social Media and the Discord for random tidbits of the team’s progress, as well as quality banter. Au revoir mes amis ^^

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 20:53:04 by Vreg »

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Dev Blog 6 - November 5th 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 20:09:34 »
Looking good.

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 20:11:30 »
Congratulations on your first blog Snipe and Malix. Well done indeed! It's good to have the blog back again c:

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Kings_Head

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 20:12:07 »
Holy shit this looks fucking awesome, new animations armor and KENJUTSU HYPE fuck sake great work you guys, i just hope that the dancing chakra bar gets fixed as well.
Nobleblood Leader for the Great Kirishima Clan
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?"

Offline Ken

• Hidden Snow Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Ken has no influence.
  • HA!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 20:12:24 »
AWESOMEEEE! Keep up the good work bruvs!

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 20:13:11 »
That's beautiful! So much stuff! Good job, and congrats to the new developers!

Hopefully all that jizz will be out soon!
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline vipto

• The Lost Sennin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • vipto has no influence.
  • don't underestimate anyone, you might lose...
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 20:21:57 »
this dev blog was really nice gj whatasnipe
  • Character Name: hishiro Nakai

Offline taigakun

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 20:26:34 »
So fucking good to see it back. GJ SLO team

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 21:24:32 »
nice af,gj guys
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 23:35:14 »
This was satisfying to read :p
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 01:09:14 »
Nice! Loving the progress and renders! Good luck pushing forward!
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 06:27:18 »
gj whata thumbs up
Loved those sneaks peaks and hope they'll be implemented sooner :)
and yeah,,,congrats to you and malix for making it as Social media managers!
#SLO4lyf

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 06:41:41 »
OMFG T-T
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 09:47:44 »
Looks great, good job team.
Congrats Whata and Malix!

Edit:
The new model anatomy looks really similar to the one I'll link below
https://gumroad.com/l/ASNC

http://i.imgur.com/sZErcxS.jpg

Looking at these two, surely it must have been referenced?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:52:13 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline iyonatan

• Academy Student Poster
  • iyonatan has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 10:51:21 »
Loved it! What about new jutsus?
  • Character Name: Taitso