Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64724
Latest: Travelermaymn
New This Month: 245
New This Week: 63
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 79105
Total Topics: 23710
Most Online Today: 1690
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1608
Total: 1624
Evaree
Evammz
RaymondshemY
Travelermaymn
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)
Baidu (3)

Author Topic: Territories, clans, etc  (Read 18547 times)

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Krack has no influence.
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
Territories, clans, etc
« on: June 09, 2013, 20:37:03 »
Ok I know you plan to have all the villages, and such. But in my opinion if you make clans enabled, you should have empty villages, in which clans could claim, and have their emblems show up on banners/flags. In which players can go back to have say vaults to store stuff.

How I think it could get set up.

Clans require 5 players.
Ability to claim a village, 10members.
Clans can fight over villages, doing sieges on villages.
If you have different type of ninjas; Medics, combat, etc. Allow them to have some they can "cloak" the village to hide it, which would require a ninja of equal to higher level, use a jutsu to "dispel" the cloaking, before they can siege/raid the village.
Have a online/ingame map, that updates the clan owned areas, so people can see if they are friendly, neutral, or evil.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Territories, clans, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 15:00:39 »
Ok I know you plan to have all the villages, and such. But in my opinion if you make clans enabled, you should have empty villages, in which clans could claim, and have their emblems show up on banners/flags. In which players can go back to have say vaults to store stuff.

How I think it could get set up.

Clans require 5 players.
Ability to claim a village, 10members.
Clans can fight over villages, doing sieges on villages.
If you have different type of ninjas; Medics, combat, etc. Allow them to have some they can "cloak" the village to hide it, which would require a ninja of equal to higher level, use a jutsu to "dispel" the cloaking, before they can siege/raid the village.
Have a online/ingame map, that updates the clan owned areas, so people can see if they are friendly, neutral, or evil.
Wow Krack, I really like that idea. The clan system and player owned villages, of course that last one would cost the clan a lot of money. A village doesn't build itself. And you'd be able to attack other villages to conquer them, help villages or just stay neutral. This could then result in big clans owning many villages and awesome wars.

But then there's also the hidden villages like Konoha and such, which are property of the game and not the players. Anyone can choose to just be a member of one of the hidden villages. Players can't own those villages, but a player can be appointed as the leader. He has to be voted for Kage by the members of that village. Only the hidden villages can have Kages. Being member of a clan does not bind you to a village, being member of a village is a personal choice. Although building a village requires for you to be the leader of a clan with at least 20 players. We don't want junk villages all over the place.

Wars with hidden villages can only be organized by some system. Player owned villages can attack and get attacked at any time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 15:07:39 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline adithya

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 17:01:36 »
I am just asking....
is it possible for introducing creation of own clan? of course this power should be given to a very few people like 4 or 5......
Just saying....
and the hokage appointing stuff.... really nice. Keep it up Vreg!

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 21:20:44 »
I am just asking....
is it possible for introducing creation of own clan? of course this power should be given to a very few people like 4 or 5......
Just saying....
and the hokage appointing stuff.... really nice. Keep it up Vreg!
You can only be member of one clan. And each clan can only be created if the creator has 9 people ready to become a member of that soon to be clan. Once the member count of a clan reaches below 10, a clan will get an automatic deletion. This way we avoid having to deal with a lot of junk clans. Image if we had 1000 players, then the maximum possible clans in the Shinobi Life Online universe would be 100.

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 20:06:07 »
I agree Vreg, I think if that is possible you should require a high amount of players to own a village. So if it drops below say 20, its automatically deleted. Also I think it should require some kind of daily upkeep, like gathering materials, removing random debire that might blow in, After all they will be in a wooded area. and of course a cash amount monthly*game time wise*.

We wouldn't want a village being owned by 1 person. I think a group of say 20 should be the requirement to make a village, then reward them with better stuff for the more people inside their village, 20 for a base village, 30 for more buildings or resource gathering places, etc, etc. Might add more reason for people to try and get a stronger clan with more people, instead of everyone trying to make their own for a village.

Also I would say a max of 5 - 10 player owned ones, which means a minimum of 200 players to own all, if you go with 10 that is. So if we had say 1000 people playing, it would prove interesting if someone wanted to take a village.

or if someone who owned a village, wanted to take over one that is close by, to expand their reach? Then they could appoint a clans sub-leader to own that village, while they owned the main one?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:57:25 »
I agree Vreg, I think if that is possible you should require a high amount of players to own a village. So if it drops below say 20, its automatically deleted. Also I think it should require some kind of daily upkeep, like gathering materials, removing random debire that might blow in, After all they will be in a wooded area. and of course a cash amount monthly*game time wise*.

We wouldn't want a village being owned by 1 person. I think a group of say 20 should be the requirement to make a village, then reward them with better stuff for the more people inside their village, 20 for a base village, 30 for more buildings or resource gathering places, etc, etc. Might add more reason for people to try and get a stronger clan with more people, instead of everyone trying to make their own for a village.

Also I would say a max of 5 - 10 player owned ones, which means a minimum of 200 players to own all, if you go with 10 that is. So if we had say 1000 people playing, it would prove interesting if someone wanted to take a village.

or if someone who owned a village, wanted to take over one that is close by, to expand their reach? Then they could appoint a clans sub-leader to own that village, while they owned the main one?
I was actually thinking of putting no limit to the amount of villages that can be built by players. As long as there are enough players in the clan, the clan leader can build a village. Let's say you have a clan of 20, and you create a village. 20 is the minimum to be allowed to build a village. Now what if people start leaving the clan, will you loose your village and all the resources you put in it? No you won't. Once you build your village, it's secured, unless your clan gets deleted. That can only happen if the member count of your clan drops below 10. If your clan gets deleted, then the village associated with it also gets deleted (including any conquered villages).

The main village is considered to be the main district of your village. It will be possible to conquer any village, but you can only attack another village once a week. After you conquer another village, it will be part of your clan's village, it'll just be a different district of the clan's village. You'll have the main district of your clan's village and the newly conquered districts of your clan's village (which are the newly conquered villages). That way every clan is only part one village, that exists out of the main district and any optionally conquered districts.

The clan leader is the obligated leader of the clan's main district, and he is by default set as the leader of any conquered districts. But he will have the option to appoint anyone in the clan as the leader of a conquered district.

Every clan will have an emblem, the village with it's districts owned by a clan will be marked on the map with that emblem. Being member of a clan automatically binds you to any village associated with it. If your clan is not member of a hidden village, then neither will you be. If your clan leader builds a village, then you'll be automatically bound to that village. Hidden villages are special in the way that they allow any clan to join them (of course this is only interesting for small clans or clans that don't have enough resources to build their own village), and they allow any clanless person to join them.

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 18:29:27 »
Alright sounds like a good idea, What about people who want to be "roughs" forsay drifters in a sense. Will they be required to join a village? Like when they create their character will they chose a village inwhich to start, and automatically bind them to that village upon creation of their character, Leaf, waterfall, sand, etc? and have like an option for "drifter" and instead of starting in a set village they start in the middle of a forest or something?

Also if someone goes evil, will their headbands change?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 20:34:40 »
Alright sounds like a good idea, What about people who want to be "roughs" forsay drifters in a sense. Will they be required to join a village? Like when they create their character will they chose a village inwhich to start, and automatically bind them to that village upon creation of their character, Leaf, waterfall, sand, etc? and have like an option for "drifter" and instead of starting in a set village they start in the middle of a forest or something?

Also if someone goes evil, will their headbands change?
At character creation, you'll have to choose which hidden village you want to join. Later in the game it is up to you if you want to stay in that village, be a member of another hidden village, go village-less or join a clan with a custom village.

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:02 »
Alright odds are I will do sand village ;D

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 17:58:00 »
Alright odds are I will do sand village ;D
I'm probably going the be village-less. I'll be making myself the Juudo Sennin, aka Sage of the Ten Paths (in Shinobi Life Online the creator of all ninjutsu has 10 paths, not 7). It's kinda ironic, since I'll be the actual creator of all ninjutsu in the Shinobi Life Online universe.

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 18:16:08 »
Well odds are I will become an Evil clan, and of course go with the name "akatsuki" and we will make a village some place else. Hoply whenever I get my computer back I can help with somestuff and also I plan on donating to this project.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 14:25:15 »
Well odds are I will become an Evil clan, and of course go with the name "akatsuki" and we will make a village some place else. Hoply whenever I get my computer back I can help with somestuff and also I plan on donating to this project.
Great :) Don't forget to let any Naruto loving friends know about the project. We gotta make dis community grow.