Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64886
Latest: CBLMay823
New This Month: 407
New This Week: 225
New Today: 115
Stats
Total Posts: 79295
Total Topics: 23751
Most Online Today: 1777
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1599
Total: 1619

Author Topic: Couple Questions About the Project  (Read 1742 times)

Offline ShadyAnalDoctor

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ShadyAnalDoctor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Couple Questions About the Project
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:50:22 »
So far I am loving this project.  But there is some things about this game that I am wondering about how they would work and if they are going to be implemented.

First things first, parents.  Parents are a huge part of real life and Naruto.  So I was wondering if there is going to be some sort of system where you can have parents.  For say someone killed your parents so you hunted down the killer and got revenge.  This would give your a character a back story and make it feel more like your own character.  So the question is if there will be a parent system implemented into the game.

Second thing, movement.  Will walking on trees, walls, and water be implemented and will I be able to jump from tree branch to tree branch.

Third thing, death.  I know how the death system will work with the perma-death zones and such.  So if my healthbar drops to zero in a perma-death zone will I always die.  Forsay I'm with a companion and we get in a fight in a perma-death zone and I go down.  Will there be somesort of chance that when I go down I will only be severely injured.  If my companion defeats the enemy, could my companion pick me up and carry me to a hospital.  Basically the question is if when my health drops to zero in a perma-death zone will it ALWAYS result in death, unless the enemy lets me live.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:04:29 by ShadyAnalDoctor »

• Character Name: ShadyAnalDoctor

Offline SirTroll

Re: Couple Questions About the Project
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:48:38 »
In regards to the last point, if you go down ima perma-death zone then your opponent has a choice whether to let you live and you will wake up in the hospital, or to finish you off and you return to charecter creation. I would assume however if a companion in defeats them before they get the chance to make that choice, you would count as being spared. If you are 'finished off' then I envisaged that as a final attack on the level of decapitation or a kunai to the throat, so unless you think someone can recover from that then they're fairly dead :P

Also it's so hard to take you seroiusly with a name like ShadyAnalDoctor lmao

Sorry I couldn't help about the other two but at a guess I think there will be parents and as it's an integral part of naruto you probably will be able to walk up cliffs etc. :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:55:18 by SirTroll »

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Couple Questions About the Project
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:32:16 »
SirTroll summed up the Death part well.

As for the parents, there will be no real system for having parents. People could roleplay having parents etc. But that's up to the players.

And walking on water & jumping from branch to branch & walking on walls will be implemented in the future.

Hope that answered your question