Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65367
Latest: JuliusBatt
New This Month: 888
New This Week: 340
New Today: 67
Stats
Total Posts: 79645
Total Topics: 23871
Most Online Today: 1864
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1315
Total: 1326

Poll

What will you be?

Rogue
9 (28.1%)
Village Ninja
23 (71.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Rogue or Village Ninja  (Read 13849 times)

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
Re: Rogue or Village Ninja
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 13:58:04 »
Village nunja 4eva

unless for RP reasons this sexy guy must go rogue
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 14:15:12 »
It kinda does.
intrigue,traps,deception...there are many ways to cause trouble to someone without even touching him,if you are just creative enough.
You could also hire someone to kill a person,and you would still not have to make your hands dirty.
Also,i dont know how you will become a anbu in this game,they are kinda high ranked.
But if they get elected,similiar to the kage,or if they need the kages approval...writing here about your planned betrayal might not be the best way to become a anbu in the first place.

As we learn from the anime,a ninja has to see trough deception.
But thats even more easy if there is no deception in the first place.
No reason to make your time in the village harder than it has to be,a good villain(good at being a villain,not good as in having good moral standards)uses deception as long as he can,because well,he is a villain.

On the other side,i ask myself why i even bother.
If i know allready who could be a possible spy/killer in the future,everything will be easier for me and the village im going to serve.

• Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 14:26:05 »
Maybe you shouldnt announce that in public,then.
If you would kill a person inside your village while he is still non-rogue it would count as killing another ninja from your village.
So it wouldn't really matter if he did announce it on the forums.
No one will trust them and ofc the kage wont let them in the anbu etc. I'd have them banished or something I wouldn't let them have hold of important details if I know they'll backstab.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 14:29:37 »
Maybe you shouldnt announce that in public,then.
If you would kill a person inside your village while he is still non-rogue it would count as killing another ninja from your village.
So it wouldn't really matter if he did announce it on the forums.
No one will trust them and ofc the kage wont let them in the anbu etc. I'd have them banished or something I wouldn't let them have hold of important details if I know they'll backstab.

Exactly.

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 17:08:38 »
psssssh besides i'm going rogue because i wanna kill anything that breathe, moves or talks and not be held down by alliances and peace i wanna see chaos, turmoil, fear and heartache thus rogue nin is the best option......plus i just wanna kill kages too prove how OP my taijutsu is
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 17:25:18 »
People must understand, and be able to make the difference between OOC and IC.

It's true that is foolish to announce even ooc that you will betray after you are going to become the most trustable person, but this can't affect too much.

1. If this game will be truly and successfully an RP game than what you know has nothing to do with what your character does. Thereby, if your real life cousin announced you that his character will kill your character stealthily than you can't just jump in game and go kill him first with no real reason as your character doesn't know that he is in danger. It is the same in our case: A kage can't banish a villager before that villager would have done something bad just because the ooc person made a statement. However, it's true that meta-gaming can appear and the kage can sustain that he forebode in that certain person, but this can't be stretched too far.

2. There is absolutely no stupidity in announcing that you are going rogue. As long as you don't act first, the others won't have any reasons to suspect you or to be against you. Also, no one knows when you will act, you make your own game, you may never go rogue, change your mind. Nothing bad can happen to you really.

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 17:31:35 »
People must understand, and be able to make the difference between OOC and IC.

It's true that is foolish to announce even ooc that you will betray after you are going to become the most trustable person, but this can't affect too much.

1. If this game will be truly and successfully an RP game than what you know has nothing to do with what your character does. Thereby, if your real life cousin announced you that his character will kill your character stealthily than you can't just jump in game and go kill him first with no real reason as your character doesn't know that he is in danger. It is the same in our case: A kage can't banish a villager before that villager would have done something bad just because the ooc person made a statement. However, it's true that meta-gaming can appear and the kage can sustain that he forebode in that certain person, but this can't be stretched too far.

2. There is absolutely no stupidity in announcing that you are going rogue. As long as you don't act first, the others won't have any reasons to suspect you or to be against you. Also, no one knows when you will act, you make your own game, you may never go rogue, change your mind. Nothing bad can happen to you really.

Preach!!
Its true...it would a bit weird if someone was banished from anything for saying they would go rouge even before the game is released. If anything it just spoils the surprise and some good RP moments lol
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 18:24:57 »
If I become a kage I'm never letting someone who has their mind set on becoming rogue have a position of power. Period.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Narutoi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Narutoi has no influence.
  • King Otaku Has Arrived
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 19:25:45 »
Village Ninja 4ever. Unless u wana be a Sasuke..and nobody wants to be a Sasuke
  • Character Name: Narutoi Himitsu
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"---Naruto

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 19:31:20 »
I agree with mars on this one.
As a kage,your highest priority is to do whats best for the village,not to polish the RP.
Besides,i really doubt that it will be such a major part of the game.
Many people here,have no RP experience and some of them are maybe not even interested in RP.

RP is awesome,granted.
But im not going to let someone kill me,if i was reading OOC,that he plans to kill me.
Even more so,in a game with permadeath.
If that person wants that this is played out via RP,he can just keep it a secret until he is going to kill/spy or whatever.....then it can still be played out via RP.
But if you allready know that someone is going to betray you or your clan,for example,you will automaticly act in another way,you cant really prevent it.

So.....if i would see someone in the game who announced OOC that he wants to be a rogue ninja,i would act like my character doesnt know it.
But at the same time,i would always watch my back if im around that person and be careful with the infomations i give him.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 20:04:02 »
Then I think Vreg should give up the idea of RP with such players...

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 20:55:54 »
While a developer can definatly motivate the players to do some RP,its mainly up to the players themself to do it.
From what i understood,vreg wants this game to grow and attract a lot of players.
And thats understandable.
But this also means,that the game will attract players who are not,or only a little bit interested in RP.
Its the same in other games,even if they have RP-servers.
But its no reason to let go of RP just because some people dont do it,or because its not a very strict kind of RP.
I mean....its no text based browser game that attracts only adult die-hard roleplayers,so this should be expected.

Its really not hard...if you dont want to be treated differently because of informations you gave out OOC,simply dont give away those informations.
In most mmo,s where i do RP,i dont have any contact with the players,outside of the RP.
This makes it much more easy to do RP with them....at least for me.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 21:22:15 »
from what i've gathered from being at SLO, you won't have a choice whether you want to RP or not, the game itself interlinks with roleplay so like, marriage systems, anbu's following a kage's direct order etc.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 21:37:04 »
Mh....thats not the same,though.
Lets say,youre the kage,and you say to a random ninja of your village,,sup,man?was offline yesterday so suddenly because i had to fix my pc!''
In this case,you would be the kage,but it still wouldnt be RP.
Just having a title or a position in a structure that is based on orders,doesnt mean youre doing RP.
In multiple games,you are a knight,a wizard,or something else,because the game says that you are that.
But its still not RP,if you dont act how your character would act.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 23:14:16 »

But its still not RP,if you dont act how your character would act.

if you don't act the way the character would act ist that the same as being a rogue????