Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65359
Latest: SantoWoolc
New This Month: 880
New This Week: 332
New Today: 63
Stats
Total Posts: 79637
Total Topics: 23871
Most Online Today: 1864
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1697
Total: 1715

Author Topic: Riddles, deduction problems and logic situations.  (Read 44553 times)

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Riddles, deduction problems and logic situations.
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2015, 15:59:47 »
ahhhh KK, sooooo who's gonna take this turn? Nova?
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2015, 18:05:03 »
ahhhh KK, sooooo who's gonna take this turn? Nova?

No one answered it correctly, so I guess it's your turn

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2015, 18:11:45 »
Smell me, buy me, and deliver me.
I won't change.

What am I?

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2015, 16:46:45 »
Smell me, buy me, and deliver me.
I won't change.

What am I?

This could--unfortunately--be a number of things, as the riddle itself is quite vague...so I'll respond in kind with "A present or package of some sort".

If you want a specific answer, then I'd say, "It's a bouquet of plastic flowers."
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2015, 15:57:47 »
not really, xD, but yeah, can fit the description, but how do you smell a bouquet of plastic flowers? All you get is the Scent of the air.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2015, 16:40:08 »
Is it a wordplay? or just 1 word

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2015, 17:48:04 »
Ah hahaha, we have something similar in romanian, scent, cent, sent.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2015, 03:40:50 »
aye, you got it :D and nova as you can see, wordplay xD

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2015, 11:22:03 »
The king of an unknown kingdom wasn't judging his prisoners in a court of law, but he was giving them a test designed by himself.
  During a riot, 3 men were captured and brought in front of the king. That was the test that the men had...

The prisoners were blindfolded and taken on a plain field where 5 poles were planted, 3 of them were white and two of them were black. The poles were one behind another, in a straight line from east to west. The prisoners are tied to the poles from west to east. All of them are facing the west. When the blindfolds were removed, the prisoners could see only the poles in front of them.

The king says:
"There are 3 white poles and 2 black poles. I will ask each of you: Is the pole you are tied of black? and you may answer with Yes, No, or I don't know.
If one of you answers with Yes or No and it is correct than you are all free.
If one of you answers with Yes or No and it is not correct than all of you will die.
If all of you answer with I don't know than all of you will spend the rest of your lives in prison."

The king will first ask X, then Y and then Z. The answers are heard by all of them.
What will each of them answer and why? Will they be freed or they will die executed or in prison?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:24:25 by Konohuro »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2015, 15:40:47 »
So?
Nothing?

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2015, 04:50:09 »
I completely forgot about this one xD! I've heard this somewhere before... I'd say that x will say "I don't know" and y will say " I don't know" too but z will say "no"

Reasoning: The first man knew he was tied to a white pole because he knew x did not see two white poles, and y did not see one black pole, instead he saw one white pole, if he had seen a black pole, he would've known his pole would've been white judging from x's statement, so z knew his pole HAD to be white judging from both their statements since y would've said no if he had seen z being tied to a black pole. They are freed!

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2015, 12:05:52 »
I completely forgot about this one xD! I've heard this somewhere before... I'd say that x will say "I don't know" and y will say " I don't know" too but z will say "no"

Reasoning: The first man knew he was tied to a white pole because he knew x did not see two white poles, and y did not see one black pole, instead he saw one white pole, if he had seen a black pole, he would've known his pole would've been white judging from x's statement, so z knew his pole HAD to be white judging from both their statements since y would've said no if he had seen z being tied to a black pole. They are freed!

Correct.

Suggestion: Use full stop.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2015, 16:46:40 »

Correct.

B-b-but I said all in one breath! ;3; full stops disrupt my flow, just saying :3.

P.S. If you look closely I used one full stop before "They are freed!" x3.

My Riddle! There is a prison with 100 prisoners, each in separate cells with no form of contact. There is an area in the prison with a single light bulb in it. Each day, the warden picks one of the prisoners at random, even if they have been picked before, and takes them out to the lobby. The prisoner will have the choice to flip the switch if they want. The light bulb starts off.

When a prisoner is taken into the area with the light bulb, he can also say "Every prisoner has been brought to the light bulb." If this is true all prisoners will go free. However, if a prisoner chooses to say this and it's wrong, all the prisoners will be executed. So a prisoner should only say this if he knows it is true for sure.

Before the first day of this process begins, all the prisoners are allowed to get together to discuss a strategy to eventually save themselves.

What strategy could they use to ensure they will go free?

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:41:18 by Shivraj »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2015, 13:59:44 »

Correct.

B-b-but I said all in one breath! ;3; full stops disrupt my flow, just saying :3.

My Riddle! There is a prison with 100 prisoners, each in separate cells with no form of contact. There is an area in the prison with a single light bulb in it. Each day, the warden picks one of the prisoners at random, even if they have been picked before, and takes them out to the lobby. The prisoner will have the choice to flip the switch if they want. The light bulb starts off.

When a prisoner is taken into the area with the light bulb, he can also say "Every prisoner has been brought to the light bulb." If this is true all prisoners will go free. However, if a prisoner chooses to say this and it's wrong, all the prisoners will be executed. So a prisoner should only say this if he knows it is true for sure.

Before the first day of this process begins, all the prisoners are allowed to get together to discuss a strategy to eventually save themselves.

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars

Either this is easy either this is tricky...
My guess: When a prisoner is picked up, he will turn on the light only if it's his first time. If he was picked up in another day and he already turned once the light on then he won't do it this time. The prisoners will count how many days the light was turned on, 100 days with light means all prisoners were picked up at a certain moment. At least, this is the strategy that I would adopt.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2015, 15:07:04 »

Correct.

@Konohuro @Nova @Mars

Either this is easy either this is tricky...
My guess: When a prisoner is picked up, he will turn on the light only if it's his first time. If he was picked up in another day and he already turned once the light on then he won't do it this time. The prisoners will count how many days the light was turned on, 100 days with light means all prisoners were picked up at a certain moment. At least, this is the strategy that I would adopt.
But, how did they know the light was lit up a 100 times? all the prisoners are in complete isolation from each other, and can't see the light.