Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65409
Latest: JeannieQui
New This Month: 930
New This Week: 382
New Today: 63
Stats
Total Posts: 79781
Total Topics: 23963
Most Online Today: 1257
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1208
Total: 1220

Author Topic: Multiple orgs  (Read 13347 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Re: Multiple orgs
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 09:14:09 »
credits(rl money) to pay for more org slots? like the maximum at the start is 5, but you can pay for another 5 slots, or would that fuck things up.
I agree, it should cost something.
And how will multiple orgs make you win/benefit you, Kayleb?

The way I'm thinking of it, there would be missions and things you could accomplish in each org, and you could do way more things in multiple organisation. Though I guess it wouldn't necessarily make you win, so it should be fine.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 10:16:37 »
I see. I guess it would be an advantage as you could take loads of missions and never have to wait to get a job.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Isis

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 18:59:07 »
Joining more than one organization should be allowed, and it will be. However.. I think that there still should be a limit a player can not exceed. Five is in my opinion too big of a number. An organization is a part of one's identity, beliefs and morals. Having the ability to join too many of them will not only make the player focus less on each organization, but he will not take these organizations seriously. If we can join too many organizations, then being accepted to one, or even getting kicked from one will not be a serious issue; and I believe it should.

Maybe a maximum of two to three is fair in my opinion. Like I said an organization is part of who you are; joining too many will just mix things up and even might force players to pick sides between two of their own organizations.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 19:16:42 by Isis »
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 19:21:48 »
Joining more than one organization should be allowed, and it will be. However.. I think that there still should be a limit a player can not exceed. Five is in my opinion too big of a number. An organization is a part of one's identity, beliefs and morals. Having the ability to join too many of them will not only make the player focus less on each organization, but he will not take these organizations seriously. If we can join too many organizations, then being accepted to one, or even getting kicked from one will not be a serious issue; and I believe it should.

Maybe a maximum of two to three is fair in my opinion. Like I said an organization is part of who you are; joining too many will just mix things up and even might force players to pick sides between two of their own organizations.
Gotta disagree with you there dude, i'd say a clan is more about morals/beliefs than an org. Going back to what Xendrus said about spies and things like that, then yes people wouldn't be bothered if they did get kicked from an org because they could easily go to another one, plus how a player utilizes an org is completely up to him.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Isis

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 19:50:28 »
Gotta disagree with you there dude, i'd say a clan is more about morals/beliefs than an org. Going back to what Xendrus said about spies and things like that, then yes people wouldn't be bothered if they did get kicked from an org because they could easily go to another one, plus how a player utilizes an org is completely up to him.

I see your point, but it is just that a player has to represent his organization to the fullest. In my mind an organization is a group of people that share the same goal and motives. Each member has his own role to fulfill and standards to meet. Being in say, five organizations probably will lower the amount of commitment the player has to each of them. It also, in my opinion lowers the value of an organization to the player. For example if you're in five organizations it wouldn't be as big of a deal if you lost one organization from these five, as much as it would be if that organization was your only one.

I'm just saying my opinion, but I do see your point. Being in more than one org really does have its merits..
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 20:07:04 »
I see where you're coming from but you have to remember not everyone who joins an org will not have the same motive, again spies, also i don't think many people would want to join more than 2 orgs because as you said commitment, also org events etc. The only time i can see this being done is infiltration wise, and you have to remember when the game is fully out, not every org leader will be so happy to accept everyone into their org so easily, they'll most likely make a test or something. Plus it would be so much more easier if you stuck to 1 org because what would you do if both orgs needed you at the same time? Be in 2 places at once?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 13:51:49 by limits »
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 11:56:51 »
It'd be quite hard to juggle 5 organisations anyway, so if someone was willing to go to those lengths just to be in them, we should probably reward their efforts.

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 06:57:48 »
I had the idea of having organization the ability of setting a condition for their recruits. For instance an organization won't accept any member who is in another organization.  Some other conditions could be put as which village is/are the other organization(s) from ? Is any of the other organization a rogue organization ? etc.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 10:01:10 »
I had the idea of having organization the ability of setting a condition for their recruits. For instance an organization won't accept any member who is in another organization.  Some other conditions could be put as which village is/are the other organization(s) from ? Is any of the other organization a rogue organization ? etc.

oooooooooooooo I like this idea. If @Saitou your idea was to happen, would those that are in an organisation that won't accept members from other organisations be able to join others once they have already joined the organisation that doesn't accept members from multiple sources?

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 12:22:45 »

What about those that are intending to infiltrate?

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 12:34:05 »

That's what that setting will do. This may be intended to be realistic, but this is still an MMORPG and that can be easily done.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 12:43:40 »

That's what that setting will do. This may be intended to be realistic, but this is still an MMORPG and that can be easily done.

You didn't got me but it's fine. I read again and I don't think Saito was referring to an automatism introduced in the game.

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 16:57:30 »
@Kayleb if they join an organization that doesn't allow a member more than one organization, then they may not join another while in that organization.

@Konohuro Infiltrate ? How will they benefit from joining another organization ? Listen to their plans ? They could leave their original organization to join the other and spy on it.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 17:28:07 »
Good idea, though it shouldn't be automatized, the leader should have to check themselves.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 22:03:57 »
Good idea, though it shouldn't be automatized, the leader should have to check themselves.

That's true. Maybe the organisation should have to reach a certain standard or level before it's allowed to happen