Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64743
Latest: JewelRex
New This Month: 264
New This Week: 82
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 79163
Total Topics: 23721
Most Online Today: 1708
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1519
Total: 1533

Author Topic: Capturing and restricting  (Read 8809 times)

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
Capturing and restricting
« on: January 19, 2015, 16:33:47 »
Please keep in mind I haven't checked if this was suggested before and that I am suggesting this on my phone.

On the game DayZ you can cuff people and knock people unconscious, making the screen go black. I was thinking this would be a good idea for SLO when capturing a Kage or capturing Rogues or even taking a ninja for questioning or ransom.
It would bring more realism if this was added and give more thugs to do other than killing each other. Just a suggestion.

• Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Konohuro

Re: Capturing and restricting
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 16:44:02 »
Very good idea!
I would like to see it in game.

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 16:45:14 »
Since is a game based in Naruto, i bet capturing will be available, but the problem is that DayZ is not as fast as SLO. in the freeze tag you move really fast and i find it hard to be able to cuff people and knock people unconscious. Although even in real life it's easier to kill than capture. Either with traps or knock people unconscious, I love the idea of making the display go blank on the screen of the captured, maybe also at the moment when you're being carry to the destination, in the captured-guy's display, the screen will follow your body.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 16:53:00 »
Since is a game based in Naruto, i bet capturing will be available, but the problem is that DayZ is not as fast as SLO. in the freeze tag you move really fast and i find it hard to be able to cuff people and knock people unconscious. Although even in real life it's easier to kill than capture. Either with traps or knock people unconscious, I love the idea of making the display go blank on the screen of the captured, maybe also at the moment when you're being carry to the destination, in the captured-guy's display, the screen will follow your body.

I haven't thought at this problem. In my mind the things went in a different way. Vreg said that after you beat someone and his health goes low, he will fall as a window appears for the winner, where he can choose to kill or to spare that person. After I have read Leebs suggestion, I was thinking of adding another button:"Tie" and/or "Tie and make him unconscious".

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 16:58:58 »

I haven't thought at this problem. In my mind the things went in a different way. Vreg said that after you beat someone and his health goes low, he will fall as a window appears for the winner, where he can choose to kill or to spare that person. After I have read Leebs suggestion, I was thinking of adding another button:"Tie" and/or "Tie and make him unconscious".

Kono has it nailed. And being knocked unconcious could be from being caught in a Genjutsu or being paralyzed. Freezetag is only a basic version of what combat will be like in SLO so you can't compare this idea to that Rayzote

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 17:04:45 »

Kono has it nailed. And being knocked unconcious could be from being caught in a Genjutsu or being paralyzed. Freezetag is only a basic version of what combat will be like in SLO so you can't compare this idea to that Rayzote

I completely forgot about the death window, that's true, a third option that would say "Tie". Really good idea Kono, never thought about that.  Yeah i know, i also know that the max speeds for some people will be lower, but a knock from the back (that's what i imagined) would still be hard, either way, "Kono has it nailed"
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 21:16:29 »
But how will you carry them? Sealing Jutsu maybe?
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 21:22:46 »
Maybe on your back or in a huge sack or something. Obviously if this system was used your speed would be slowed with a person on your back.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 21:53:13 »
Maybe on your back or in a huge sack or something. Obviously if this system was used your speed would be slowed with a person on your back.
As Mars said, you could carry them on your back. I know during the time led up to Asumas death, Kakuzu was carrying that monk guy on his back so we know it is a possibility

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 21:54:24 »
there have been enough situations where people carried others on their backs. So I'd definitely see it as a possibility bro.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 22:48:56 »
Hope the knocking out feature will be implemented
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 18:14:58 »
instead of massacring everyone hit them on their heads with a sledge hammer :P
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 18:21:42 »
Back carrying and knocking out are things I'd like to see in SLO some day.

On another note, knocking out won't be very practical during combat, it would be more of a stealth tactic.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 05:23:26 »

On another note, knocking out won't be very practical during combat, it would be more of a stealth tactic.

About this, I was thinking not to add zoom in or zoom out comands like in other games, everyone should have the same distance between camera (the players point of view) and the character as everybody else thus one will not have a better visual range than another.

Sorry, Leebz, I hope you don't mind posting this on your suggestion topic.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 13:31:10 »

About this, I was thinking not to add zoom in or zoom out comands like in other games, everyone should have the same distance between camera (the players point of view) and the character as everybody else thus one will not have a better visual range than another.

Sorry, Leebz, I hope you don't mind posting this on your suggestion topic.
I don't mind at all :)
However, I have to disagree with the idea. I personally would like the choice of first person or third considering I play third person. The only time I would play first person is if I was to use an Oculus.

As for what Vreg said about Stealth, that's great but I believe there is other ways to knock someone out. Like what Kono said, the choice could be added when you can choose to kill a person or they could fall unconcious if they use up all their chakra

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
FrankJScott
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun