Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64854
Latest: Irinxeu
New This Month: 375
New This Week: 193
New Today: 89
Stats
Total Posts: 79272
Total Topics: 23731
Most Online Today: 1777
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 15
Guests: 1687
Total: 1711

Author Topic: World War Shinobi Life Online  (Read 11333 times)

Offline Konohuro

World War Shinobi Life Online
« on: October 05, 2014, 13:58:41 »
First of all I apologize if this suggestion have already been made and rejected, I didn't had enough time to check all 5 pages from Suggestion category.

My idea is like this: The whole map to be divided in many small parts/territories maybe like 55 parts or even 110, depending on the size of the map (also the number to be divisible by 11). Each village will have ONE territory of the map that will be forever theirs. (that territory will be, of course, the one that the village is placed on. I will call those territories default territories). Also, each territory will have a Shinobi Outpost which will behave like the main center, except the default ones that have as main center the village itself. Every month there will be a World War, where every shinobi that belongs to a village (or even rogues if they ally with a village) conquer a territory. Now, at the very begging of the game, all territories will be neutral (except the default ones) so the shinobis will only have to go to the Shinobi Outpost and put their village flag/sign resulting in capturing the whole territory. In the following wars, the shinobi will have to defend their territories by staying in it's outpost protecting the flag or to attack enemy territories and conquer them by replacing the flag. Overall, this war will be like an "open world capture the point". If a player dies in this war, he will wake up in the hospital, and he will stay there until the war ends.

Sorry for my bad english. If something is unclear please ask and I will try to reformulate. I look forward to hear your opinions.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: World War Shinobi Life Online
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 14:27:57 »
A periodically set (in this case monthly) war isn't really what one could call realistic. On top of that, respawning during such an even isn't realistic either. That's the thing about wars: people die. If you take that away it's a sparring match between villages, no real impact on anyone whatsoever. Here are some reasons why a Kage should be able to declare war on another anytime, anyplace: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,384.msg3518.html#msg3518

As for the territories idea, I think it would greatly unbalance things. The popular villages out there will have plenty of territories, whereas those  with a lesser amount of players are likely to have few to none. At some point a village might end up without a single territory other than its default. That village might as well be declared dead, as there's nobody who'd start playing in a weak village. To re-balance things a reset of all the territories would be required, thing that isn't ideal.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 18:01:11 »
I on the other hand thing it's a nice idea if tweaked a little bit.  As for thr balance issue, a system where you couldnt join an over populated village so that balancr is mentained could be implemented.  Archeage has a similar system where you can only create a character in faction b if faction a> b.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 18:11:22 »
A periodically set (in this case monthly) war isn't really what one could call realistic. On top of that, respawning during such an even isn't realistic either. That's the thing about wars: people die. If you take that away it's a sparring match between villages, no real impact on anyone whatsoever. Here are some reasons why a Kage should be able to declare war on another anytime, anyplace: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,384.msg3518.html#msg3518

As for the territories idea, I think it would greatly unbalance things. The popular villages out there will have plenty of territories, whereas those  with a lesser amount of players are likely to have few to none. At some point a village might end up without a single territory other than its default. That village might as well be declared dead, as there's nobody who'd start playing in a weak village. To re-balance things a reset of all the territories would be required, thing that isn't ideal.
Pretty much this ^
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:17:25 »
A periodically set (in this case monthly) war isn't really what one could call realistic.
Yes, that's true.

On top of that, respawning during such an even isn't realistic either. That's the thing about wars: people die. If you take that away it's a sparring match between villages, no real impact on anyone whatsoever. Here are some reasons why a Kage should be able to declare war on another anytime, anyplace: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,384.msg3518.html#msg3518

Well.. yes, I didn't know how will work those servers (hardcore, roleplay, normal) so I thought that if in the roleplay server can't exist perma-death maybe a hospital system could be implemented only for the event.

I on the other hand thing it's a nice idea if tweaked a little bit.  As for thr balance issue, a system where you couldnt join an over populated village so that balancr is mentained could be implemented.

The idea was that no-one knows the status of the territories when they create their character. But still they can find from other sources like youtube or facebook etc. So you are right, this would unbalance the game, and is something that you (GMs) can't fix...

Archeage has a similar system where you can only create a character in faction b if faction a> b.
This will just take the freedom of the players as they can't choose their favourite village or their favorite element. And I don't think you guys intend to make the player feel uncomfortable.

Thank you for reading the topic. I don't think that this system is suitable for this type of game. I know that you guys will make an awesome game. Keep up the good work! :)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 13:31:46 »
Archeage has a similar system where you can only create a character in faction b if faction a> b.
This will just take the freedom of the players as they can't choose their favourite village or their favorite element. And I don't think you guys intend to make the player feel uncomfortable.

In my opinion, there shouldn't be such a system. There will be 11 villages, and if some villages do go to war or whatever, they will face casualties.
If people choose a different village because that one is at war, then so be it. If the ratio of some villages to other are like 1:10, that just adds to realism. Look at the population of America and the population of Israel. That's 320 million to 8 million. That's a huge difference. I'm sure that in time, if the ratio is 1:10, it will shrink. If it doesn't so be it, just because there are less people doesn't mean that village is weak.

although, if it's like 100 to 10,000, you guys should do like a free transfer or something. Idk. Some other way for players to balance rather then force them to pick at char creation.

edit: just came to mind. The populations in the hardcore server should be untouched. It'd be awesome to see some extinct villages. lel.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 13:33:41 by Xendrus... »
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 11:09:14 »
I don't think we should give people any limitations when it comes to joining a village, that would be unrealistic.

Also, in a collection of only 11 Hidden Villages and possibly thousands of players, a Hidden Village will never actually go extinct. I think things would probably stay pretty balanced for the following reasons: If a village is too popular, people won't join it because it's too mainstream. If a village is too unpopular, people will join it to feel special. That's how balancing of population will most likely take place (I think).
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:46 »
I don't think we should give people any limitations when it comes to joining a village, that would be unrealistic.

Also, in a collection of only 11 Hidden Villages and possibly thousands of players, a Hidden Village will never actually go extinct. I think things would probably stay pretty balanced for the following reasons: If a village is too popular, people won't join it because it's too mainstream. If a village is too unpopular, people will join it to feel special. That's how balancing of population will most likely take place (I think).
yeah thats how i feel. i never want to join one that has too many people in it
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 17:06:07 »
Ditto. I'm not a hipster so.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 19:04:20 »
Ditto. I'm not a hipster so.
You're so unhip... Hipsters start new trends, not follow other peoples. So basic...
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 22:11:25 »
Exactly why I said I wasn't a hipster. Nerd.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 22:44:26 »
Exactly why I said I wasn't a hipster. Nerd.
Read it wrong, calm your tits child
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 22:46:53 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode