Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 71212
Latest: Viktorihji
New This Month: 4459
New This Week: 149
New Today: 149
Stats
Total Posts: 82088
Total Topics: 25184
Most Online Today: 1387
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1216
Total: 1228

Author Topic: Stamina vs Chakra  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Barleb

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Barleb has no influence.
  • I have been around for a while just not posted alo
    • View Profile
Stamina vs Chakra
« on: July 23, 2015, 07:00:36 »
I haven't really been posting on here all that much. I just have been following the progress on facebook. But anyways I was just messing around with the new version that just came out and i was just wondering if by running super fast or jumping will always take away chakra or if you plan to eventually add a green stamina bar instead.

• Character Name: Yashiro

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
Re: Stamina vs Chakra
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:17:33 »
Power jumping, power dodging and running at very fast speeds require chakra because they are beyond the limits of what a human body can normally perform. They are not basic activities that can only rely on physical energy (or stamina). These require a mix of physical and spiritual energies also known as chakra. Basic taijutsu techniques for example will also not require chakra as they can be supported by the physical energy of the human body, more advanced hybrid taijutsu techniques will additionally consume chakra to push your body over the limit.

Right now, there is no stamina system in SLO, which is the reason why you can keep running at 50 km/h forever. Only when you surpass that threshold, is when you're pushing the limitations of the human body and that is when you need the help of spiritual energy AND physical energy (stamina) which combined is simply called chakra. The chakra system is already implemented, henceforth you can see the associated consumption with beyond human limit activities. Albeit the current values for chakra consumption are unbalanced and need to change as they will in 1.0.8.1.

Source: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,1616.15.html

Running over 50 KM/H will take chakra, and jumping and dodging will also take chakra. There will be a stamina bar added and it will deplete if you do basic activities that are not superhuman. (Taijutsu as said above, running under 50 KM/H. and etc.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:19:14 by Kai »