Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 68802
Latest: MohammedDe
New This Month: 2048
New This Week: 726
New Today: 349
Stats
Total Posts: 81285
Total Topics: 24867
Most Online Today: 806
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 724
Total: 740

Author Topic: Escaping From Genjutsu  (Read 6584 times)

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Escaping From Genjutsu
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:50:55 »
Basically, i thought of 2 ways, you could escape from a genjutsu, feel free to give your opinion.

A) You start with a scroll, which is a genjutsu releasing jutsu, the seals could be, 3-6-8, so to release your self from a genjutsu you would have to enter this seal, depending on how good the genjutsu is, thats how many times you would have to enter it, so it could be x5, or x10.

B) When you're placed under a genjutsu, a number of seals would appear at the top of your screen, in a sequence, you would have to enter the whole sequence to escape, so if it were a really weak genjutsu, it could be something like, 2-1-4-6, and if it were a master level genjutsu, 2-5-7-3-1-2-4-3-6-7-8-1-4-5-7-1-2 etc. Depending on how fast you press the seals, that's how quickly you could escape from the genjutsu

Edit:
The sequence would pop up, after you have done the "realizing you're under a genjutsu jutsu"(idk a good name for it lel) to know whether you are under a genjutsu so the sequence could appear.(something like 3-5-1, to check if you're under a genjutsu)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 21:00:27 by limits »

• Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
Re: Escaping From Genjutsu
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 13:09:59 »
I love this idea. I think it is a good way to release yourself of a Genjutsu. However, another way should be a comrade releasing you the way they do in the anime. This will be an alternative to having to press all those keys to release yourself, which, granted, should be hard. The comrade must tag you the way they do in the anime but the enemy could prevent them from doing so by attacking them.

So, game wise this could be how it goes:
To release a comrade from a Genjutsu the user must hold down a key (Let's say Z) for a certain amount of time (A green bar could appear above their head which goes down at a certain speed) until the person is released. Depending of the level of Genjutsu would depend on how long said person had to hold down the key for. Again, the enemy could attack the person trying to free their comrade from the jutsu which interrupts the timer and resets it. This means a squad of 3 could easily this if they outnumber the enemy 3 to 1.
1 person in Genjutsu
1 to release comrade
1 to occupy the enemy

But this whole release yourself by pressing a sequence of numbers is a great idea, I really do like it. Good job Limits :P
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 13:14:23 »
+1 for your idea too leebz

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 14:34:25 »
Both ideas look great, however let's say if people can "train" their release-jutsu
on suggestion B would that lower the amounts of buttons needed? I would assume so, but not sure.
And on Suggestion A it would lower the amount of loops needed?

And as for Leebz suggestion, if the player who would release the other person from a genjutsu.
Would his "level" or w/e in release-jutsu matter for the time needed to release that other person? or is it just a fixed amount of time that doesn't scale on whatever level
(this all assumed that the release-jutsu is trainable)

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 14:48:25 »
Eh, i don't think people should be able to "train" it tbf, if you look at it from some one who's only really gonna use genjutsu, it would be unfair if they used their most powerful genjutsu, which is about 20 seals, and because the other person did some training, it got lowered to 7-10, it would put alot of their hard earned efforts to waste.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 16:53:54 »
Some genjutsu users don't want their opponent to know they're under a genjutsu.
In Naruto, if you're not a shinobi of high calibre you most likely wont know when you are and when you aren't trapped in a genjutsu.
For this I think that you should have to cast a release-jutsu and then do the seals which will obviously take chakra regardless of if you're in a genjutsu or not. If your suspicion of being in a genjutsu is right, you'll be released but if your suspicion is wrong you'll waste chakra.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 17:02:08 »
Some genjutsu users don't want their opponent to know they're under a genjutsu.
In Naruto, if you're not a shinobi of high calibre you most likely wont know when you are and when you aren't trapped in a genjutsu.
For this I think that you should have to cast a release-jutsu and then do the seals which will obviously take chakra regardless of if you're in a genjutsu or not. If your suspicion of being in a genjutsu is right, you'll be released but if your suspicion is wrong you'll waste chakra.
I thought the exact same thing before i posted this, but i thought people would think i was making it too complicated.

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jawillia1987 has no influence.
  • Kuroi Clan Recruiting Agent/Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kuroi Clan
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 19:11:18 »
I agree with both Mars and limits. It would be more interested in the target does not necessarily know they are in a genjutsu and limits your idea of how to get out is pretty good. But should that also depend on a level as well. If I'm a master level at genjutsu and someone is just a novice, would they even be able to break the genjutsu. Should they require a teammate to release them?
  • Character Name: Jarui Uzumaki

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 19:17:13 »
I agree with both Mars and limits. It would be more interested in the target does not necessarily know they are in a genjutsu and limits your idea of how to get out is pretty good. But should that also depend on a level as well. If I'm a master level at genjutsu and someone is just a novice, would they even be able to break the genjutsu. Should they require a teammate to release them?
Essentially no because, if you think about it, not everyone would travel with a companion, so if they were put in a genjutsu by a master, how would they get out. Also yea novices should be able to break a genjutsu because the seals you would need to break free would significantly rise, and by the time they break free, you could have done so much damage with other jutsus, ninja tools or even escaped a far distance.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 19:20:55 by limits »

Offline bloberfish

• Water Release Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • bloberfish has no influence.
  • Family is sacred, never give them up!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 19:43:55 »
Everyone's ideas have been great so far and there is nothing wrong with them, but I don't believe you should escape a genjutsu technique this way. In Naruto, genjutsu is the manipulation of chakra in the victim's brain, so the way top counter it would be to stop the flow of chakra so they couldn't manipulate it. However, what you guys are suggesting here is that the flow of chakra carries on flowing and instead you just wist your chakra.
 I believe that the way people would be able to escapae genjutsu should be to completely stop their flow of chakra, obviously this would take concentration and would force the victim to become imobile so he can concentrate, becoming an open target, and not everyone would be able to do it (like genin's). I also believe that some  very powerful genjutsu's should not be escapable through normal means, either by stopping the flow of chakra or a comrade causing pain to you, and could only be escaped by having a special kekkie genkai or forbidden jutsu (which does contradict my earlier comment but it wouldn't be a normal jutsu, it would completely stop the flow of chakra or it would make the mind impervious to genjutsu by protecting each of the sense's with solid wall of chakra inside you body which would not be flowing).
 Your ideas are still great but I am just trying to stick to the rules of the Naruto Universe.
  • Character Name: Arashi

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 19:54:03 »
Everyone's ideas have been great so far and there is nothing wrong with them, but I don't believe you should escape a genjutsu technique this way. In Naruto, genjutsu is the manipulation of chakra in the victim's brain, so the way top counter it would be to stop the flow of chakra so they couldn't manipulate it. However, what you guys are suggesting here is that the flow of chakra carries on flowing and instead you just wist your chakra.
 I believe that the way people would be able to escapae genjutsu should be to completely stop their flow of chakra, obviously this would take concentration and would force the victim to become imobile so he can concentrate, becoming an open target, and not everyone would be able to do it (like genin's). I also believe that some  very powerful genjutsu's should not be escapable through normal means, either by stopping the flow of chakra or a comrade causing pain to you, and could only be escaped by having a special kekkie genkai or forbidden jutsu (which does contradict my earlier comment but it wouldn't be a normal jutsu, it would completely stop the flow of chakra or it would make the mind impervious to genjutsu by protecting each of the sense's with solid wall of chakra inside you body which would not be flowing).
 Your ideas are still great but I am just trying to stick to the rules of the Naruto Universe.
No offence, but this seems way too complicated imo, idk how coding works, but you'd have to code a sort of chakra flow thingy within the character models body, ontop of that how would we stop the chakra flow, by pressing x and clicking all the chakra points? I don't think there should be any genjutsu, were you need a forbiddenjutsu/KG to escape, this seems beyond unfair for me. Basically, although i agree, the game is inspired by and wants to simulate the narutoverse, it's still a game above all else.

Offline bloberfish

• Water Release Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • bloberfish has no influence.
  • Family is sacred, never give them up!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 19:58:50 »
No offence, but this seems way too complicated imo, idk how coding works, but you'd have to code a sort of chakra flow thingy within the character models body, ontop of that how would we stop the chakra flow, by pressing x and clicking all the chakra points? I don't think there should be any genjutsu, were you need a forbiddenjutsu/KG to escape, this seems beyond unfair for me. Basically, although i agree, the game is inspired by and wants to simulate the narutoverse, it's still a game above all else.

I'm not saying that it sould be detailed, I just disagreed with the fact that it should be classed as a jutsu, you could maybe do a hand seal to show that you are trying to stop the flow of your chakra, but it shouldn't be too detailed
  • Character Name: Arashi

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 20:46:48 »
I like this idea. But I'm too quick to be caught under genjutsu. Doesn't apply to me :D
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 21:46:42 »

I'm not saying that it sould be detailed, I just disagreed with the fact that it should be classed as a jutsu, you could maybe do a hand seal to show that you are trying to stop the flow of your chakra, but it shouldn't be too detailed

Yea I agree with Bloberfish , but I also agree with limits when he says that there shouldn't be any genjutsu that reuires KG or kinjutsu to escape.

Btw Limits if it was that the all the chakra flow is needed for is to escape genjutsu , then you'd only need a single line of code and 8 bits of memory. Something like this:

private var isChakraFlowing:Boolean = true;

//whenever you'd want to stop it you'd assign it to false

(thats's actionscript 3)
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
  • jawillia1987 has no influence.
  • Kuroi Clan Recruiting Agent/Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kuroi Clan
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 00:22:07 »
I think limits is pretty right about the overall working of this, kinda agree with him
  • Character Name: Jarui Uzumaki