Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 68749
Latest: LatashiaDa
New This Month: 1995
New This Week: 673
New Today: 339
Stats
Total Posts: 81261
Total Topics: 24844
Most Online Today: 775
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 694
Total: 715

Author Topic: In Game Organization and Clan System  (Read 4817 times)

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
In Game Organization and Clan System
« on: September 26, 2015, 17:16:52 »
When the full game comes out, most people will not spend their time in the forums. So I was thinking that there was an Invite system in game to get into orgs and clans. Also a global clan list and org list ranked by ELO. Also, a little clan or org emblem will appear next to your name in game when you've successfully join an org or clan to prove you're legit in the clan or org.

• Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: In Game Organization and Clan System
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 17:22:10 »
Support!
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 17:29:36 »
straw, this is common sense..
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 19:03:40 »
So I was thinking that there was an Invite system in game to get into orgs and clans. Also a global clan list and org list ranked by ELO. Also, a little clan or org emblem will appear next to your name in game when you've successfully join an org or clan to prove you're legit in the clan or org.

straw, this is common sense..

What Limits put. Naturally, when the game does come out, there will be an invite system for Organizations, because, comparing it to World of Warcraft or MapleStory, SLO Organizations will pretty much be the same thing as the other games' Guild system. While in WoW, the Guild list is generally set highest to lowest (level), maybe the Org. list will be set from highest to lowest (ELO). That's a nice idea.

When it comes to Clans, I am not entirely sure how this will work. It could be like the Guild system in MapleStory (see below for pictures). Let me explain why - The Guilds in MapleStory allowed for you to create ranks, and name them however you wanted. For instance, the founder (Master) could be called "God", and those who join could be placed in certain ranks: Jr. Master = Veteran Acolytes, Members - Acolytes, etc. This kind of system would work well as a "global Clan list", and is/was extremely easy to manage. Again, I'm not sure about the Clan system, it might just be a replication of the Guild System for less time consumption, but either way, there /will/ be in-game Invite Systems, as well as in-game List/Window(s).

Edit: I realize I didn't say anything about the emblems. I don't personally want Emblems, rather I would prefer for there to be either the Clan or Org. name under your own. Obviously, with the ability to hide/show it. Not sure about whether emblems will be shown, but there certainly will be something of the sort, and there will most likely be a hide/show option just like there will be for you own name. @StrawHatSeyi

Le Picture Examples:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 19:08:39 by Xendrus... »
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline adithya

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 19:11:35 »
@Xendrus I was just about to post a long ass reply, saying the things you said, but the site made me review the post xD GG @Vreg and yeah, Maple's guild system was something that impressed me a lot.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 20:55:08 »
But @Xendrus... , what if people put the surname "Himitsu" in their name, but they aren't a part of Himitsu. That's why I spoke about emblems. Also, there could be ranks just as you said. There could be official ranks that you could rename. For example: the official ranks could be, leader, co leader, lieutenants, subordinates. But the leader may rename the ranks of he wants.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 21:36:14 »
what if people put the surname "Himitsu" in their name, but they aren't a part of Himitsu.
I don't personally want Emblems, rather I would prefer for there to be either the Clan or Org. name under your own... Not sure about whether emblems will be shown, but there certainly will be something

There will always be a problem with names in SLO - people /will/ put Clan names into their own, even if they're not actually in said Clan. That's just how humans work. I'm sure we'll come up with some sort of counter-measure, but keep in mind that people lie, so no matter the direction this goes... Be ready for the deceit comrade.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:22:55 »
But @Xendrus... , what if people put the surname "Himitsu" in their name, but they aren't a part of Himitsu. That's why I spoke about emblems. Also, there could be ranks just as you said. There could be official ranks that you could rename. For example: the official ranks could be, leader, co leader, lieutenants, subordinates. But the leader may rename the ranks of he wants.

If i can recall correctly Vreg mentioned something about codes which would be needed to enter an already made clan.

For example you wouldn't be able to enter "Himitsu" as your clan without first having their code.

I'd imagine that there would be something like private and public clans. Private clans, you'd need a code for, while public clans you'd be able to join freely.