Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 71239
Latest: LidaGiorza
New This Month: 4486
New This Week: 39
New Today: 16
Stats
Total Posts: 82189
Total Topics: 25187
Most Online Today: 1347
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1201
Total: 1213
Bagertyheine
Vikifpz
Google (10)

Author Topic: Currency  (Read 22551 times)

Offline Konohuro

Re: Currency
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 22:05:01 »
Question: What would stop me from creating a false account and use it to gain money on my main account?

A second account or a second client?

I don't know if it's possible but could the server check to see if any two logged in characters are from the same IP address? And then close the first client after a couple of seconds.

That should eliminate people opening multiple clients to farm kills/coins while also allowing people to clear their kills and deaths and bring their character into the map if they bug outside it.

Please...

That was a typical situation that I gave.
Please, just use your own head because I feel too lazy to explain.... but I can't refrain:

Solution to problems that you think would be effective:

1. You are not allowed to own two accounts.
2. Restriction from opening 2 clients.
3. IP restriction.

Why won't work?:
1- I have a brother. A simple picture would resolve this problem.
2- 2 PCs/Laptops can be used.
3- We all know this can't be a problem if you work a little. Besides, everybody has friends; friends who will help each other when advantages, of any kind, are at stake.

I am not saying that this is a bad idea, but there must be found a solution to counter the abuse before it will be putted into practice, and from my point of view there is none existing.

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 22:13:05 »
i like the idea it will make ppl play again,but afk killers will fuck it,we need like remi said...
but yea good idea indeed +rep
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 22:22:39 »
- You cannot gain coins from killing someone on the same IP as you.
- You must wait 5 minutes before gaining coins from killing the same person again.
- You must cannot gain coins from killing the same person twice in a row.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Manuster

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 22:26:26 »
Question: What would stop me from creating a false account and use it to gain money on my main account?

A second account or a second client?

I don't know if it's possible but could the server check to see if any two logged in characters are from the same IP address? And then close the first client after a couple of seconds.

That should eliminate people opening multiple clients to farm kills/coins while also allowing people to clear their kills and deaths and bring their character into the map if they bug outside it.

Please...

That was a typical situation that I gave.
Please, just use your own head because I feel too lazy to explain.... but I can't refrain:

Solution to problems that you think would be effective:

1. You are not allowed to own two accounts.
2. Restriction from opening 2 clients.
3. IP restriction.

Why won't work?:
1- I have a brother. A simple picture would resolve this problem.
2- 2 PCs/Laptops can be used.
3- We all know this can't be a problem if you work a little. Besides, everybody has friends; friends who will help each other when advantages, of any kind, are at stake.

I am not saying that this is a bad idea, but there must be found a solution to counter the abuse before it will be putted into practice, and from my point of view there is none existing.

Tsk.

Because I didn't mention the possibility of someone using 2 PC's doesn't mean I didn't think about it.

As you said, there is no way to avoid/prevent it.

So I didn't feel the need to mention it.

>.>
<.<
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 22:27:37 »
- You must wait 5 minutes before gaining coins from killing the same person again.

What does a row mean?

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 22:28:16 »
Killing the same person over and over again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 17:30:34 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 23:14:51 »
Although this is an interesting suggestion, I don't see the value of these coins when there is pretty much nothing to spend them on.

If you're worried about "getting people to play" through means of a competitive system such as the one you've suggested, our upcoming update which will feature permanent stat saving (kills, deaths, wins) and website leader boards in different categories, will be more appropriate.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 23:22:00 »
@Vreg the leaderboard means fuck all with the amount of afk killing going on
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 23:29:00 »
@Vreg the leaderboard means fuck all with the amount of afk killing going on
There will be a system where inactivity is measured and killing inactive players won't count as a kill basically, although they will die (unless they are standing in a safe zone which is also coming).
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 23:44:35 »
"Twice in a row" means doing something again after you've done it once.
What does a row mean?
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 00:59:36 »
Although this is an interesting suggestion, I don't see the value of these coins when there is pretty much nothing to spend them on.

If you're worried about "getting people to play" through means of a competitive system such as the one you've suggested, our upcoming update which will feature permanent stat saving (kills, deaths, wins) and website leader boards in different categories, will be more appropriate.

Personally I'm not quite sure what the majority of you mean by "getting people to play", since I've been online on several occasions in which there are a good 10-20 people playing at a time -- though granted, not all of them care to speak English, but that doesn't necessarily invalidate them. As with all games, the *peaks* --if you will-- usually come around the first week of a new update, as well as the beginnings of weekends (Fri-Sat) -- so if you're worried about finding someone to fight, those would be the more appropriate events to wait for.

I get that it's a hassle to bring it up, but it's also plausible that quite a few members are simply waiting for full on character customization -- I suppose not everyone's down with the jackets (though they are pretty cool, admittedly). Once that update (or another Jutsu update -- who doesn't love a new way to kill someone?) comes along, it's likely you'll see at least a temporary increase in PvP activity.

About the Afk-killers...why would you stay still in an open area? If you intend to be afk, why would you even bother staying in the warzone at all? Hide in one of the further-reaching corners of the map, or simply switch out to the login-screen; PvP is open to all on the current map, so it seems a bit foolish to ask people to *avoid you* while you get your crackers. If ever there was a time to *start* learning "How-2-Shinobi" guys, now would be the time.

)(^_^)(~~No Offense Intended Stamp~~)(^_^)(
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 01:17:01 »
Both methods you said towards the afk problem are inefficient, and no offence but stupid at the same, I go afk quite a few times because I tab out or get called to do something, logging out each time especially if ur midway through a convo with someone is just silly. Running to the far corners of the map before I go afk wastes times and then when I come back wastes time again considering i have to run back to where I was and if I go afk in the next 2 min, u get the point, idk if uve played with members from the forum but if u have you can see why both methods are ridiculous
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 01:57:58 »
Both methods you said towards the afk problem are inefficient, and no offence but stupid at the same, I go afk quite a few times because I tab out or get called to do something, logging out each time especially if ur midway through a convo with someone is just silly. Running to the far corners of the map before I go afk wastes times and then when I come back wastes time again considering i have to run back to where I was and if I go afk in the next 2 min, u get the point, idk if uve played with members from the forum but if u have you can see why both methods are ridiculous

I would argue that *to go afk* is silly in itself, and for the exact reasons I stated above. The area is open PvP, you shouldn't expect other players to patiently wait for you for who knows how long -- and I see no one has yet to make the counter-argument that there are people who *utilize the afk-method to try and sneak a kill*.

If you intend to be afk for several times in succession, just tell everyone you're logging out for a bit and that you'll be back; don't worry about your stats -- as Vreg himself said, you'll soon be able to stop worrying about those anyway.

...though I do wonder if that system will be protected from stat-hacks (pointless, yes, but we all know *somebody*'s bound to at least *try* it).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Isis

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 12:01:42 »
How about a /afk command that people can use in PvP zones? Of course though, there would have to be restrictions to this, since it can get abused :

1. In the /afk status you can not move or use skills. All you can do is chat.

2. You can only use the /afk command if you haven't been in combat for the past ten seconds or so.

3. You only have a specified amount of time to be afk, like two minutes maybe. If it was more than that then it wouldn't be a Pvp zone anymore. If you're planning to be afk for longer then might as well just log out.
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 13:01:22 »
This would be OK to have with in another game, though this is supposed to be the life of a Shinobi, people shouldn't go afk when they're in the forest for example, it's just stupid, you're literally saying, come take my stuff.

Implementing this I think would ruin the whole dangerous world ninja feels, y'know what I mean?
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo