Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 71080
Latest: Evagen
New This Month: 4327
New This Week: 1395
New Today: 157
Stats
Total Posts: 82070
Total Topics: 25184
Most Online Today: 1266
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1204
Total: 1217

Author Topic: eatch dome and fireball jutsu  (Read 7871 times)

Offline thearmedshadow

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • thearmedshadow has no influence.
  • i get all dah hoes
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Hyakki Yagyō

eatch dome and fireball jutsu
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:48:44 »
i want fireball jutsu to not be able to pass through earth dome as most plays tend to abuse the fact it does and rack up easy kills and i find it kind of shame full as if you try to protect your self with earth dome someone can still kill you.

hope this get taken into consideration.

• Character Name: Tayuun Ennia Toratsume

Offline SpeakingRain

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • SpeakingRain has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:

Re: eatch dome and fireball jutsu
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 04:27:10 »
You want to get rid of Nazi Oven jutsu? XD

Anyway, in the final version of a game, at least half of the players will not be able to use Fireball jutsu. Earth Dome would actually be overpowered if it was immune to every jutsu. If you were an Earth user fighting someone who had fire as a chakra nature, you would have to change up your tactics from when you fight other styles or risk becoming cooked. That adds more depth to the combat system, I think.
  • Character Name: Ginko
Find true freedom. Join the Land of Wolves, free from the corrupt Kage system.

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 04:41:24 »
As per Naruto....
This

So lightning is the most effective against earth as compared to Fire. But rn, we have only chidori which requires contact with your opponent. And to locate your opponent inside the ED is quite difficult.
On the other hand, fire breath is like second most least effective against earth. So it can do quite little damage....Which over a while can become quite dangerous.
So yeah... it's quite not cool.... but then again, it's the early stages of the game.. And we need some combos cuz combos are dope :3

Inside the ED, your movement is hindered... so what you can do is ...
Follow the username on top of the guy tryna kill you using Nazi Oven.
Prepare your FB... And try to atttack him... it can buy you sometime

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 13:07:18 »
i want fireball jutsu to not be able to pass through earth dome as most plays tend to abuse the fact it does and rack up easy kills and i find it kind of shame full as if you try to protect your self with earth dome someone can still kill you.

Well, that's actually a glitch that we decided to turn into a feature. We can get rid of it if the community wants that, I suggesting making a poll and having a vote over it.

Just so that you know though, by using layers of Earth Dome (an Earth Dome inside of an Earth Dome) you can prevent the fire from reaching you. But yeah as I said, it was originally a glitch and I'm definitely willing to get rid of it if that's what the community wants.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 13:09:20 »

Well, that's actually a glitch that we decided to turn into a feature. We can get rid of it if the community wants that, I suggesting making a poll and having a vote over it.

Just so that you know though, by using layers of Earth Dome (an Earth Dome inside of an Earth Dome) you can prevent the fire from reaching you. But yeah as I said, it was originally a glitch and I'm definitely willing to get rid of it if that's what the community wants.
I'm fine with the ED + FB, that means you should just avoid being caught by Earth Dome, which is pretty easy if you put your mind to it, this could turn into a Role for some people. :O
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline taigakun

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 13:10:59 »

A poll won't be such a bad idea

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 13:11:39 »
You can just bait someone that uses fire on you, if you see them using the fire through the ED, you can just trap them by aiming another ED near the edge of the ED where they're at.
The fire won't reach you then and you will be released sooner than them being able to prepare and kill them.

I did that to @SpeakingRain if I remember correctly.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 13:17:42 »
You can just bait someone that uses fire on you, if you see them using the fire through the ED, you can just trap them by aiming another ED near the edge of the ED where they're at.
The fire won't reach you then and you will be released sooner than them being able to prepare and kill them.

I did that to @SpeakingRain if I remember correctly.
Yeah didn't even think of the fact that you'd not only end up preventing the fire from hitting you, but you'd also trap the other person. Those are some valuable tactics right there and it'd be a shame to get rid of them tbh...
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 15:39:52 »
Isn't SLO aiming for realism?

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 16:21:59 »
definitely get rid of it!!!... Fire is supposed to be weak against Earth....
you can add a lighting jutsu later... which can rip apart ED or punch through it... but with FB, its is not cool. :( :)

Offline thearmedshadow

• Academy Student Poster
  • i get all dah hoes
    • View Profile
  • Clan:

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 16:23:09 »
see im making a change in the SLO world....yay

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 16:30:24 »
i agree, its retarded imo, u can barely catch* someone with ED so i use it more defensive and i still get fucked
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 16:34:59 by limits »
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline thearmedshadow

• Academy Student Poster
  • i get all dah hoes
    • View Profile
  • Clan:

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 16:32:26 »
i agree, its retarded imo, u can barely can someone with ED so i use it more defensive and i still get fucked
good so it's not just me

Offline Manuster

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 13:25:39 »
you can add a lighting jutsu later... which can rip apart ED or punch through it... but with FB, its is not cool. :( :)

Chidori should pierce/break through Earth Dome if used at a high enough speed, I know this game is aiming for realism but wouldnt that mean that only lightning type just should get through/break it?

For the sake of balancing, strong enough wind style jutsu should be able to get through as well. (Because wind > lightning > earth)

Fire style jutsu should increase the temperature of the ED, 2/3 should create a slight burn effect onto the user and if 3/4 fb's are used on ED, it could possibly melt the earth.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 13:47:59 »
Would the chidori pierce through the earth dome, or would the electricity be grounded in the earth dome, with only your hand being able to punch through?